Lost Mox Diamond postcard

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Ralph Herold

Lost Mox Diamond postcard

Post by Ralph Herold » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:41 pm

(thread rebuilt)

images (provided by bigfatkitty):

http://fire.prohosting.com/~bigfatki/Back.jpg
http://fire.prohosting.com/~bigfatki/Front.jpg

(use copy/paste for the links)

background:

a letter from Dan Frazier (provided by bigfatkitty):

"In the first days of Magic, I was asked to do the pearl, Jet, saphire, ruby, emerald. Well, as any lady knows, you just must have a diamond to complete the set.  

I asked the Art Dir if they were going to do a diamond mox. They said no. So I did one on my own So it was called the Lost Mox Diamond.  

I have this story and several others about moxes and Magic in my book, A Touch of Fantasy. The Art of Dan Frazier.  

Dan"

information about the book (provided by bigfatkitty):

http://www.therionweb.de/books/dfrazier.htm

note on Dan Frazier's address (provided by Erl00):

current address is different than address written on backside of postcard, address sticker is identical to address sticker on backside of Mahamoti Djinn artist proof

TerraFrost

Re: Lost Mox Diamond postcard

Post by TerraFrost » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:03 am

that's pretty nifty!  thanks for the info :)

chaosdjinn

Post by chaosdjinn » Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:01 am

There was an ad in a very old Duelist for these in 1994-1995.  I bought two from Dan and he sent me an Antiquities Xenic Poltergeist artist proof as a thank you. They are really cool looking and just knowing that a pre-alternate art existed for a card that would be made 4 years later is really cool.  

blackfire100

Post by blackfire100 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:51 am

I have never seen that before. Any idea where I can find one?

bigfatkitty

Post by bigfatkitty » Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:06 pm

blackfire100 wrote:I have never seen that before. Any idea where I can find one?
In contacting Dan Frazier, he was helpful at first and then he pretty much dismissed me after my questions got a little more in depth.

The most he would say about availability was he had done this and other magic related postcards in the past and he sold stuff on his website.  Of course, there are no links to buy anything except for commissions for portraits.

http://www.danfrazier.com/

I believe he has a postcard of Fester the Jester (shown below) as well as Jester's Cap and Somberero.

He hasn't returned my last e-mails.  Maybe someone else can help take up the torch?  He might be more interested in talking with a fresh voice.  His e-mail:

dfrazier@earthnet.net

bigfatkitty

Post by bigfatkitty » Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:08 pm

chaosdjinn wrote:There was an ad in a very old Duelist for these in 1994-1995.  I bought two from Dan and he sent me an Antiquities Xenic Poltergeist artist proof as a thank you. They are really cool looking and just knowing that a pre-alternate art existed for a card that would be made 4 years later is really cool.  
Any idea which Duelist?  Was the ad specifically for postcards or artist proofs?

chaosdjinn

Post by chaosdjinn » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:07 am

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I'll try to dig it up at home and get back to you.  It was sometime in 1995.

The ad was specifically for "Lost Mox Diamond Postcard."
The Artist proof of the Xenic Poltergeist was just a throw-in.

MagicRumorMill

Post by MagicRumorMill » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:18 am

Any new info on these pieces of art?

No, really.  I collect some original art.  I also have alot of his prints.  This is one of his pieces I have never seen.

spartan65

Post by spartan65 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:05 pm

magicrumormill wrote:Any new info on these pieces of art?

No, really.  I collect some original art.  I also have alot of his prints.  This is one of his pieces I have never seen.

MagicRumorMill

Post by MagicRumorMill » Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:48 am

spartan65 wrote:

what are you doing?