Filler origin

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

motorcitymagic

Filler origin

Post by motorcitymagic » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:27 am

[table]
[tr]
[td]I just picked up one of the black-bordered, non-foil, normal-backed fillers.

It came to me second-hand the same day it was opened out of an English Mirrodin pack (which explains why a similar foil version also exists).

Thought I'd mention it, since no origin is given on the Fillers page - http://www.magiclibrary.net/rarities-filler.html [/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

fvzappa

Re: Filler origin

Post by fvzappa » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:05 am

Good to know, as I have one too. I guess the question now is, is it available in any other sets?

dragsamou

Post by dragsamou » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:27 pm

fvzappa wrote:Good to know, as I have one too. I guess the question now is, is it available in any other sets?
Hi Keith.
Foil Filler Black Border are legions on Ebay lately,most of the Sellers mentioned that they came from Kamigawa.
Looks like a lot of Fakes have been created lately as some sellers have Multiple versions :(
EDIT:Regarding the Normal Version,this is the description from an actual Ebay auction.

EDITION :   Onslaught
NAME & QNTY : 1x Blank/Textless Filler Card
CONDITION : Near Mint/ Mint

DESCRIPTION : This card was opened from an Onslaught booster pack and is blank on the front of the card, except for a black border. The back of the card is normal. Very rare. Don't miss your chance to own this.

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:43 am

I won this last night:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWN:IT

The seller claims it came from a Kamigawa box, and it looks quite golden in the scan.  I own a filler #12 (but not a #2), and no matter what angle I turn it to, I cannot duplicate that color, so I am thinking it is a new, legitimate filler.  Also, I was talking to another member today, who thought he traded for a #2, but after talking, he thinks he has one like the 'champions' gold one.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?  (Also, someone else on the site sniped me on one about 6 weeks ago, what does it look like in relation to #2?)

Ralph Herold

Post by Ralph Herold » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:27 pm

motorcitymagic: Thanks for the info. it had been added.

dragsamou: Thanks, but given the high number of fake cards, I am reluctant to just copy ebay information. Maybe some time in the future, we will find out a pattern and can predict which sets bring forth filler cards.

motorcitymagic

Post by motorcitymagic » Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:28 pm

ralph wrote:motorcitymagic: Thanks for the info. it had been added.
You put it in as "some English Champions of Kamigawa boosters".

It is actually Mirrodin.

Ralph Herold

Post by Ralph Herold » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:03 pm

[smiley=blushing.gif] Fixed.