Christmas Grab Bag Results

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

victorcamp

Re: Christmas Grab Bag Results

Post by victorcamp » Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:57 pm

Thanks, Stu. I didn't re-read all the threads before sending it off, and thought I might have missed it. Keeping it annonymous in the posts and personal in the packages works for me. :)

misterpid

Post by misterpid » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:27 pm

sylvanstu wrote:it's not annonymous. It's just annonymous in the posts i don't want anyone comparing who got who what some people are able to get more for people then others.  Thats not what i want this to be about. its about trying to find something your person needs or wants and getting to know eachother better. i hope this turns into a yearly thing and pm me with ideas to make this better next time. [smiley=ok.gif]
Ah, I misunderstood what you were saying, and kept the package annonymous as well.

BTW, considering the short amount of time there was to organize this, I think it has turned out great.

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:40 am

misterpid wrote:
Ah, I misunderstood what you were saying, and kept the package annonymous as well.

BTW, considering the short amount of time there was to orgsanize this, I think it has turned out great.
I also left the package anonymous.  Enjoy them, victorcamp!

misterpid

Post by misterpid » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:47 am

Just got mine in the mail today.  Kind of a rarities sampler.  A singed card, some offcuts (one foil), a foreign crimp, a FNM foil promo, and a few alt 4th cards.  

Thank you very much.   8)

ANALOG_KID

Post by ANALOG_KID » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:28 pm

Happy holidaze all.
First and foremost I want to thank my secret Magic pal for the items I recieved. I am very grateful. 8)

Rec'd something in mail Friday. I assume it was from secret Santa.
I am hesitant about posting the contents because what arrived was in a plastic baggie with a note from the USPS saying that due to mechanical difficulties the letter was damaged and item(s) may have been lost.
That would in effect be true if by mechanical they mean blender, weed-eater, chainsaw, and pit bull puppy.  [smiley=laugh.gif]

Frankly, I'm shocked that it even made it here. The return address and a third of the envelope were mutilated and or gone, hence no return to sender.
The contents were chewed and or shredded in some form or another.
Foil 8th Elvish Champion (might have been 2 ?)
Myr token
Eater of Days (signed by Molly? and Gav!? in sharpie)
Lower half of a Portal 2 Stone Rain
A piece of a wrapper (antiquities, I think)
If there was anything else, it's gone into the Aby(usps)ss.
Shit happens.  :P
You move on.

I consider myself fortunate and blessed to have been able to participate with such wonderful colleagues in this sharing of holiday cheer.

Best wishes to all for a peaceful and prosperous New Year.
A.K.

sylvanstu

Post by sylvanstu » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:17 pm

Wow I am over whelmed at how AK first noted he was happy and greatful for his gift. Here is an example of what happens to our mail. that gets lost. I personally have seen a major post office at work. Here at downtown Chicago I was part of a crew of men that built a 4 by 2 block sized Post office and was still there as they were getting the kinks out of the Machinerery that sorts our mail at lightning speed if something gets caught it will shred that mail and there will be no stopage the contents that fall off the machinerey ar put in blue plastic bins that are sent to a de[partment that trys to figure if they can send forward or back to the original sender. If not it gets recycled. Thats right i said recycled that means eventually someone wipes his ass with your cards lol.
Now i tell you all this because I have decide never to send cards by envelope again. I'll use bubble envelopes. I have never lost mail when shipped in bubble envelope. I have not received mail shipped in regular envelope and have paid extra so they could be resent and they have arrived because of the bubble envelope.
AK thanks for getting the spirit of the grab bag. and keep an eye out for santa's elves gift that hasn't arrived yet ;)

dragsamou

Post by dragsamou » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:20 am

Hi Members.
Just got mine  :)
I can imagine the Huge headache it was for the Member
that had the bad luck to get me,as I'm supposed to have everything(A Total Urban Legends by the way  ;))
Anyway,between the Misprint Seton's Desire with a Huge blotch in the middle making it part Albino,The Diagonal Miscut Coastal Piracy,The Ivory Tower totally black except the 3 Towers showing,I was already in Heaven  :D So to add the Proposal card makes me faint ;D ;) [smiley=laugh.gif]
Thanks so much Secret Santa :)

TerraFrost

Post by TerraFrost » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:53 am

hmmm.  i think the only person who could affored to give dragsamou a gift like that is...  dragsamou! :D

themike314

Post by themike314 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:50 am

I received my gift today:

2 miscut Prophecy cards:  1 Spiketail Hatchling with the bottom of a Branded Brawlers up top, and 1 Branded Brawlers with the bottom of card 121/143 up top (haven't checked to see what card that is).  Pretty cool.

Also included were 5 Wyvern cards with Magic names:  Moat, Fireball, Mountain, Forest, Swamp.

Thanks to my Santa from Butler, NJ - whomever you may be - from your recipient, formerly of West Milford, NJ.

dragsamou

Post by dragsamou » Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:21 pm

terrafrost wrote:hmmm.  i think the only person who could affored to give dragsamou a gift like that is...  dragsamou! :D
Well,my Secret Santa,is a Serious Client,that I didn't know before,I would love to have him again next year  :)

bigfatkitty

Post by bigfatkitty » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:00 pm

I was wondering if anyone signed up and didn't get anything at all?  Lost packages are a pain.

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:18 pm

Me, so far

AXIOS

Post by AXIOS » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:31 pm

mine as well, at least, my secret partner....haven't heard from him/her yet.

dry_cereal

Post by dry_cereal » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:12 am

Ooo...what a great gift.  I wonder if the 2 cards "fit together".   [smiley=dead.gif]

themike314 wrote:I received my gift today:

2 miscut Prophecy cards:  1 Spiketail Hatchling with the bottom of a Branded Brawlers up top, and 1 Branded Brawlers with the bottom of card 121/143 up top (haven't checked to see what card that is).  Pretty cool.

Also included were 5 Wyvern cards with Magic names:  Moat, Fireball, Mountain, Forest, Swamp.

Thanks to my Santa from Butler, NJ - whomever you may be - from your recipient, formerly of West Milford, NJ.

ende73

Post by ende73 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:15 pm

bigfatkitty wrote:I was wondering if anyone signed up and didn't get anything at all?  Lost packages are a pain.
Some people were out of town for their holidays, and just came back had a chance to find an extra-super-fantastic-wonderful surprise  :D :D

1 10th anniversary life counter
Several Inquest deck list cards
2 Fancy tokens
1 AA French Skyship Weatherlight   :o
2 Artist Proofs signed by Poole: Howl for Beyond (I will re-sell this for $150 to erl00  [smiley=laugh.gif]) and Balance !
My missing Havic card: Disappointed Swim Buddy  ;D

Seriously, I believe I really got an "exaggerated" gift here, so an extra-special thanks once again to my private Santa (who has been one of my favorite trading buddies by the way  ;) )