ideas for next christmas grab bag

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

TerraFrost

ideas for next christmas grab bag

Post by TerraFrost » Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:27 pm

so...  now that one christmas grab bag thing has concluded do ya'll have any new ideas for the next?

ideas that occured to me after i shipped mine out include mailing the card(s) in a real christmas card (like a halmark one, or something) and perhapes ordering something from some online vendor or something and having them ship to someone else...

pickle.69

Re: ideas for next christmas grab bag

Post by pickle.69 » Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:23 pm

I think it`s a little to early  to start and think about next year.
At least for me it is.

sylvanstu

Post by sylvanstu » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:22 pm

well richard anything you can say about this years would be welcome.
it was pointed out to me this was to unorganized by an anomynous member. If thats the case what would make it more organized.
I for one think i should have started earlier and had the names by thanksgiving. I know some people have not received theirs yet.
Alot of people emailed me totally stumped on what they should get their person. i personally went and looked at every post my person made and tryed to figure it out. Then someone put up the post of what they might want or need
i think keeping the names a secret til you get your mailing is good. I also thinkwhen you post what you get it should be anomynous.
I personally really enjoyed this.I hope everyone else did to. Please give some constructive critscism on how to make it better next year.
Thanks TerraFrost for starting this thread.

Mr.C

Post by Mr.C » Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:43 pm

I'd say limit the participation to active members. For example, the guy i sent to has not been active in the last month or so...

mahdishain

Post by mahdishain » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:38 pm

you've got to remember that posting is not the only way to participate on this site. many members visit the site daily but only post when they feel they have something useful to contribute. some people do a lot of their activity via private message rather than public posting. and let us not forget the people who contribute content and cash to the site. i don't think anyone can get a true reading on the participation of individual members simply by counting the number of their posts.  if people want to participate that is a fairly strong indication of their commitment to the site.

practice peace

Mr.C

Post by Mr.C » Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:40 pm

mahdishain wrote:you've got to remember that posting is not the only way to participate on this site. many members visit the site daily but only post when they feel they have something useful to contribute. some people do a lot of their activity via private message rather than public posting. and let us not forget the people who contribute content and cash to the site. i don't think anyone can get a true reading on the participation of individual members simply by counting the number of their posts.  if people want to participate that is a fairly strong indication of their commitment to the site.

practice peace
Uh, by active i meant 'logged', not necessarly posting...

themike314

Post by themike314 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:46 am

I think the way it was done was pretty good, although earlier would be better (as I haven't received yet, and I don't think my recipient has, either).

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:43 am

I think keeping it anonymous is good - guessing is fun!  All in, I don't think we started too late (though my person got theirs this week, and I still haven't gotten mine), but I doubt that'll be an issue next year.

GraueEminenz

Post by GraueEminenz » Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:45 pm

@Mike: You are wrong!  ;)
I got your gift at the dawn of 24th of December ;D
Now I have no time to thank you in full but I will when I return from my Sylvester Skiing Trip
Greetings
Jan

johnstown713

Post by johnstown713 » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:48 pm

It seemed as this one was done well and I am dissapointed I missed out.  I will join in next year.