Foil Filler & Fake Foils

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou

Foil Filler & Fake Foils

Post by dragsamou » Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:53 am

Hi Members.
I let you appreciate this one  ;)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting

AXIOS

Re: A GOOD RIP-OFF and 3 FOOLS

Post by AXIOS » Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:52 am

monsieur eric lesavre is the highest bidder?

dragsamou

Post by dragsamou » Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:13 am

axios wrote:monsieur eric lesavre is the highest bidder?
Hi Nico.
I did not even see who was the bidders.Well 8 Dollars
for a Foil Common and Acetone is a Great Deal ;)
These last days Eric,surprised me a lot  :o

Cizzio

Post by Cizzio » Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:38 am

dragsamou wrote:
Hi Nico.
Cool have to try that with aceton.... thx for tip....hehe

silver.paladin

Post by silver.paladin » Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:10 am

dragsamou wrote:
Hi Nico.
When I was reading this message a few hours earlier today, I was thinking myself, what a good idea it might be to get a few foils together and wipe them off with the acetone.  Maybe make a different design on each card, and then see what Eric was willing to pay   ;D

berserk

Post by berserk » Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:53 am

Im sure we've gone over this in the old forum, but does anyone know what products contain acetone in strong amounts? Ive looked everywhere in my city and cant seem to get it in any shops.

silver.paladin

Post by silver.paladin » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:40 am

berserk wrote:Im sure we've gone over this in the old forum, but does anyone know what products contain acetone in strong amounts? Ive looked everywhere in my city and cant seem to get it in any shops.
If you want to buy acetone, go to a welding shop, they should have some.  I used to work at a gas seperation plant, where we bottled medical oxygen, nitrogen, CO2, laughing gas, acetone, etc.   The stuff stinks to high heaven though, so be careful not to spill it, if you buy some.   :D

sylvanstu

Post by sylvanstu » Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:14 pm

I'm currious why does anyone want to do this to thier foils      ???

dragsamou

Post by dragsamou » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:42 pm

sylvanstu wrote:I'm currious why does anyone want to do this to thier foils      ???
Maybe,to sell them 8$ on Ebay and have Buyers ;)
I do remember,a guy selling this card for over 100$ and
a Naïve Guy bought it,thinking it was the 8th Wonders  :-[

Lord_of_Llanowar

Post by Lord_of_Llanowar » Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:02 pm

dont worry bout eric anymore
7 bids
highest bid  27,66
buyer slopey
:D

dragsamou

Post by dragsamou » Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:29 pm

lord_of_llanowar wrote:dont worry bout eric anymore
7 bids
highest bid  27,66
buyer slopey
HI LOL.
I go right now,to buy tons of Acetone....27,66$ :) ;D
And I know that I will have already 4 Clients willing to pay that much,100$ for 4  Common Foils Cards,that's a real Deal and I love it ::)
I have already 5 Cards,25$ per card,come on Members,make me Rich knowing that I will ripp you off Big Time,at least,I'm honnest to let you know  ;) ;D

silver.paladin

Post by silver.paladin » Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:12 am

lord_of_llanowar wrote:dont worry bout eric anymore
7 bids
highest bid  27,66
buyer slopey
Holy cow!!  $27+???   If anyone wants some of these cards, let me know.  I will make a deal of $25 each and as many as you want   :D   I have about a hundred or so foils that I can alter in this way.    And if I can sell them all, I might be able to buy Jims Beta set - then I will finally have my missing Shivan!  YA!    haha

dragsamou

Post by dragsamou » Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:19 am

silver.paladin wrote:
Holy cow!!  $27+???   If anyone wants some of these cards, let me know.  I will make a deal of $25 each and as many as you want   :D   I have about a hundred or so foils that I can alter in this way.    And if I can sell them all, I might be able to buy Jims Beta set - then I will finally have my missing Shivan!  YA!    haha
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL  I was thinking the Same thing about Jim's Set,me it's the Mox Pearl and Mox Sapphire and a Time Walk not PSA(Can't stick it in my Beta Binder)=30 FOILS ACETONE at 25$ each :D

Erl00

Post by Erl00 » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:19 am

Dudes ...

Do you really think I'm that fool?

Those of you who have already tried acetone on a card or who have already purchased one of these fakes must know that this action is quite impossible to perform without damaging the borders of the card on the back. This one is MINT on the back.

Second, is a white filler has been placed on a slot of a rare sheet of one set, the same sheet with the same filler is used to produce the rare foils of this set, isn't it? So Foil Fillers must exist.

Third, I know this seller has extremely good connections with people at WotC. He does not seem to me to be the guy to sell fakes.

Conclusion, I believe this card to be genuine and I hoped that everyone would think like you and that I could get this one cheap (my max bid was at $12).

Eric.

Lord_of_Llanowar

Post by Lord_of_Llanowar » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:26 am

erl00 wrote:Dudes ...

Do you really think I'm that fool?

Those of you who have already tried acetone on a card or who have already purchased one of these fakes must know that this action is quite impossible to perform without damaging the borders of the card on the back. This one is MINT on the back.

Second, is a white filler has been placed on a slot of a rare sheet of one set, the same sheet with the same filler is used to produce the rare foils of this set, isn't it? So Foil Fillers must exist.

Third, I know this seller has extremely good connections with people at WotC. He does not seem to me to be the guy to sell fakes.

Conclusion, I believe this card to be genuine and I hoped that everyone would think like you and that I could get this one cheap (my max bid was at $12).

Eric.
well if you think the card`s real, and you got the cash, why not, just would be a bummer if it ended up not to be