WOTC...Financial News.

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou

WOTC...Financial News.

Post by dragsamou » Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:38 pm

Hi Members.
Have a look at this One:
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/031228/285028_1.html

bigfatkitty

Re: WOTC...Financial News.

Post by bigfatkitty » Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:11 pm

This might be an opportunity for those of you who enjoy collecting the store signs.  I'd think you could contact some of the still open stores and inquire what they'll be doing with all of their in-store displays.

Just a thought.   8)

rg

Post by rg » Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:20 pm

Nice idea, but don't you think the shops will continue to sell Wizards products and products from others without being bound to Wizards ?
This happens in germany in such cases quite often.

bigfatkitty

Post by bigfatkitty » Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:32 pm

I'd think that would depend on who actually owns the stores.  If its a franchise owned by an individual, they'll change the name and keep on going.  Other stores may be owned directly by WOTC.  These will be closed.   :P

mintcollector

Post by mintcollector » Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:50 pm

All the WOTC stores are WOTC owned and not franchised.  We had one by us that closed months ago.  There is some beer collectables shop in it's place.  In the same mall was also a Game Keeper store on another level and another wing.  That store was gone months ago and I really never paid attention to what took it's spot.  I recall always browsing the WOTC store but never bought anything from there.    The main problem with everything is that everything was sold at full MSRP.  So booster packs were $3.29, and a full box of boosters was $118.44.  No breaks in price whatsoever.  At first they focused on just WOTC products only.  Then I noticed they started adding new products, many from their Game Keeper stores.  Also other products were brought in from competing companies like WizKids and Decipher.  Of course everything was at full MSRP.  That is what I think killed them.  I also recall seeing the manager of the store move over to an EB Games and work there months prior to the store's closing.  They did have a LAN in the back for network gaming as well.  I played FNM there for 2 seasons and won some of my earlier FNM prizes.  No clue whatever happened to all the store material such as signs or the giant statues (9+ feet tall) they had.  

bigfatkitty

Post by bigfatkitty » Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:30 pm

mintcollector wrote:giant statues (9+ feet tall)
I bet this would be a rarity even Dragsamou doesn't have.

dragsamou

Post by dragsamou » Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:37 pm

bigfatkitty wrote:
I bet this would be a rarity even Dragsamou doesn't have.
Hi Bigfatkitty.
For sure I don't have it,I don't collect those  ;)
It will be nice to have a Pic at least ,I may change my mind,if the Statue is enough Erotic  :P :) :D ;D ;)

mintcollector

Post by mintcollector » Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:05 am

dragsamou wrote: Hi Bigfatkitty.
For sure I don't have it,I don't collect those  ;)
It will be nice to have a Pic at least ,I may change my mind,if the Statue is enough Erotic  :P :) :D ;D ;)

Well if you are into muscular warriors, then yes it would be.  I never really paid attention to what it was.  Never got pics either.  :(

motorcitymagic

Post by motorcitymagic » Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:13 am

mintcollector wrote:Well if you are into muscular warriors, then yes it would be.  I never really paid attention to what it was.  Never got pics either.  :(
If its the same everywhere, its a statue of Dakkon Blackblade. Here's a pic of one, I think.

mintcollector

Post by mintcollector » Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:16 am

motorcitymagic wrote: If its the same everywhere, its a statue of Dakkon Blackblade. Here's a pic of one, I think.
Could be.  The store closed months ago and I stopped paying attention to it.  There was other statues but can't recall what they were.

silver.paladin

Post by silver.paladin » Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:54 am

motorcitymagic wrote: If its the same everywhere, its a statue of Dakkon Blackblade. Here's a pic of one, I think.
Oh yes, these are nice.  The Angel was quite good also, bet it would have been 'erotic' enough to make Drags happy for a while   ;)   8)

dragsamou

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:57 am

silver.paladin wrote: Oh yes, these are nice.  The Angel was quite good also, bet it would have been 'erotic' enough to make Drags happy for a while   ;)   8)
You take off the Serra out of my tongue  :P ;)

mintcollector

Post by mintcollector » Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:06 am

dragsamou wrote: You take off the Serra out of my tongue  :P ;)
Now that you mention it, I do recall a large Serra statue right by the WizKids games before entering into the LAN area.

silver.paladin

Post by silver.paladin » Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:23 am

mintcollector wrote:
Now that you mention it, I do recall a large Serra statue right by the WizKids games before entering into the LAN area.
And she was not necessarily the Serra that was designed for kids in mind.  yum, yum

dragsamou

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:31 am

silver.paladin wrote:
And she was not necessarily the Serra that was designed for kids in mind.  yum, yum
I knew it...I change my mind  ;)