Coolest AQ Strip Mine out there. Split back Misprint

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member

Coolest AQ Strip Mine out there. Split back Misprint

Post by LandDestroyer » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:34 pm

Wanted to show off the sweetest Antiquities Strip Mine in the world :)

Mirror shot focused on back: http://imgur.com/lg2xQR8
Mirror shot focused on front: http://imgur.com/U9h4cZI
Back http://imgur.com/vKREKZ9
Front http://imgur.com/IgEk088

Not available to trade on here b/c I'm doing a trade auction for it in the FB High End group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MTGmisp ... tif_t=like

What others have said:

With it being a 1-sided (back only) misprint, Ben C said of it :
“it's basically unfakeable. That's definitely a plus.”
He had spent years looking for one, got one and knew “of one other miscut Strip Mine from AQ that has a bit of another card on it. The owner had basically no interest in trading it for anything less than a Mox. This was like 8 years ago"…when moxen were cheaper.
He went on to say:
"I have never, EVER seen another Antiquities card that was miscut on the back only. I have seen this from many other sets, including Alpha, Beta, Revised, Fallen Empires, The Dark, Alliances, and others.
This is an extremely playable card, AND it's a Vintage and EDH-played card."
"It's a very nice misprint, for sure”"

"I got a chance to see this in person last weekend. It is a nice piece" - Dan B after GP Omaha Jan 2015.

"The uniqueness of this card means it's worth whatever you decide it is....Moxen are easier to source than misprinted strip mine
....Sticking this in a box only makes it more valuable in 3-6 months....if it were my card I would want $750-$800 for it" - Sean F

I've been excited since I found it showing it to others. I love the misprint group and this site and all the cool stuff we see

Ertai's Familiar
Librarities Legend

Post by Ertai's Familiar » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:06 am

Do you by chance know Daniel Chang?
squt: Sweet! That's the best trade - one that doesn't cost a thing.

pickle.69: NO DRINK ON THE FUCKING TABLE

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member

Post by LandDestroyer » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:38 am

Know of him, don't know him personally, think I've seen his names in motl threads at least
Last edited by LandDestroyer on Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Coolest AQ Strip Mine out there. Split back Misprint

Post by dragsamou » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:56 am

LandDestroyer wrote:
Not available to trade on here b/c I'm doing a trade auction for it in the FB High End group:
Hi

If it's not available either for trade or sale on Magiclibraties, and just for advertising, then, I will delete that topic. I wait for you to read my comment before doing so.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:30 pm

dragsamou wrote:
LandDestroyer wrote:
Hi

If it's not available either for trade or sale on Magiclibraties, and just for advertising, then, I will delete that topic. I wait for you to read my comment before doing so.
May I suggest that maybe it could be moved in the appropriate section (Auction sites, commercial etc.)?

I think the card is still an interesting piece that deserves to be recorded on this website.

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member

Post by LandDestroyer » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:55 pm

I've used this site in the past to randomly check out stuff but never had anything I felt was worth posting here for awareness. Before deleting this can you help me understand where is appropriate. I also think it'd be good to have it somewhere on the site so that even after I trade it off if someone else is looking for something like this they know it exists and it'll have a trail for someone to follow and find it :)

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:46 pm

ende73 wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
LandDestroyer wrote:
Hi

May I suggest that maybe it could be moved in the appropriate section (Auction sites, commercial etc.)?

I think the card is still an interesting piece that deserves to be recorded on this website.
Of course, you can suggest Enrico, and it will be moved into the appropriate subsection.
LandDestroyer wrote:I've used this site in the past to randomly check out stuff but never had anything I felt was worth posting here for awareness. Before deleting this can you help me understand where is appropriate. I also think it'd be good to have it somewhere on the site so that even after I trade it off if someone else is looking for something like this they know it exists and it'll have a trail for someone to follow and find it :)
Agreed, it will be moved not deleted.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member

Post by LandDestroyer » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:44 pm

Thanks!

I couldn't find where it went first, haha, maybe next time PM and let the user know ;)

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:56 pm

LandDestroyer wrote:Thanks!

I couldn't find where it went first, haha, maybe next time PM and let the user know ;)
Maybe next time, you will offer a trade or sale on this forum as well, and not only in a FB group that a lot of members either don't want to join or are not members of, including me :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member

Post by LandDestroyer » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:10 am

Sorry! keith Adams suggested via PM I post an auction there. I could put the details here and could bid by surrogate there?

Edit: Here are the details from the FB Group:
"Hey, everyone. Last week I found an extremely rare Antiquities Strip Mine.

Mirror shot focused on back: http://imgur.com/lg2xQR8
Mirror shot focused on front: http://imgur.com/U9h4cZI
Back http://imgur.com/vKREKZ9
Front http://imgur.com/IgEk088

As you can see, the back was misprinted. With it being this type of error, Ben C said of it “it's basically unfakeable. That's definitely a plus.” He had spent years looking for one, got one and knew “of one other miscut Strip Mine from AQ that has a bit of another card on it. The owner had basically no interest in trading it for anything less than a Mox. This was like 8 years ago"…when moxen were cheaper. He went on to say:
"I have never, EVER seen another Antiquities card that was miscut on the back only. I have seen this from many other sets, including Alpha, Beta, Revised, Fallen Empires, The Dark, Alliances, and others.
This is an extremely playable card, AND it's a Vintage and EDH-played card."
"It's a very nice misprint, for sure”

After I picked this up last week I had planned to hold on to it and turned down some initial offers. Then, after showing pictures to Dan B at GP Omaha and talking with half a dozen others online in the past week about how long some people have searched for a Strip Mine like this and how rare it is I think I’d rather put it in the hands of a serious collector of these items and in return get a Vintage Card I’m unlikely to spend money on while my September wedding bills loom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keith suggested I post an auction here, so I figured I’d do a trade auction sort of following the MOTL rules since I haven’t seen any specifically spelled out here.

I’ve listed some cards I would be interested in below. I’m not looking for NM ones but I’ve tried to indicate point structure that includes those. I’m more just trying to get played cards that have no question of sleeve playability (no missing pieces, bends, warps, curves, creases, liquid damage, etc)

None of these please: Foils, CE, IE, Gold bordered, altered. Prefer non-signed nor inked.

Points are more guides based off the below (for non nm).
- Lowest completed auctions
- Lowest cash prices I’ve seen in places like the High End Group in the past month or two as well
- Other sources, like buy list, etc.
There is flexibility here, again this is more a guide to show priorities etc. They don’t correspond totally to dollars as the Strip Mine is so unique and has no clear buy list itself.
Again, I’m ok with MP cards as long as condition is clearly stated (post pic and list any defects not clear in picture). I’m willing to listen to cases being made why 1 post is worth more than another. Ex: If someone bid a NM Unlimited Underground Sea + a NM Unlimited Tropical Island (475) but you feel your SP Mox Jet + FWB Plateau (461) are worth more let’s discuss .

Also, for some cards, like moxen, the variance is very high based off condition and so the gap between NM and non NM is wide. If you've got an SP Mox you feel is worth more than something else like a NM Tabernacle point that out. Show pics.

I will cover insured postage to the lower 48 for my strip mine and you’ll coverage the same for yours. If you require more than that (or shipping outside lower 48) I'd ask that you cover shipping. Dealing within the US is easier but if you'll cover increased shipping costs for us that's fine if you're outside the US.

The minimum bid is set at 300 points. Suggested cards to bid with are below (Make a strong first bid to show you seriously want it so nobody will outbid you! ). If you offer a card plus points please word something like x card in x condition + xxx.xx USD.

Bidding will last until 11pm CST Tuesday 1/20/2015. Please upload pictures of your cards and list any defects. Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Duals (Working on finishing my Unlimited dual set):
Underground Sea – 3 Max (Unlimited, FBB, BB preferred but noted fwb options): Unlimited: 300 if NM, 209 if not NM. FBB 400. FWB 150.
Tropical Island – 1 Max (Unlimited, FBB, BB preferred but noted fwb options): Unlimited: 175 if NM, 118 if not NM. FBB 300 if NM, 180 if not. FWB 100 if NM, 78 if not.
Savannah – 3 Max (Unlimited, FBB, BB preferred but noted fwb options): Unlimited: 100 if NM, 65 if not NM. FBB 175 if NM, 144 if not. FWB xx if NM, 53 if not.
Plateau – 1 Max (Unlimited, FBB, BB preferred but noted fwb options): Unlimited: 80 if NM, 42 if not NM. FBB 80 if NM, xx if not. FWB 35.
Badlands – 1 Max (Unlimited, FBB, BB preferred but noted fwb options): Unlimited: 100 if NM, 56 if not NM. FBB 150 if NM, 114 if not. FWB 50 if NM, 40 if not.
Taiga – 1 Max (Unlimited, FBB, BB preferred but noted fwb options): Unlimited: 80 if NM, 55 if not NM. FBB 150. FWB 48.
Scrubland – 2 Max (Unlimited, FBB, BB only): Unlimited: 80 if NM, 60 if not NM. FBB 150

Other Reserved list cards:

Bazaar of Baghdad – 4 Max: 250 if NM, 175 if not NM
Gaea's Cradle – 3 Max: English, 100 if NM, 80 if not NM. Foreign 80 if NM, suggest a price if not
The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale – 1 Max: Italian: 350 if NM, 330 if not NM. English if NM 500, 430 if not NM
Mishra's Workshop – 4 Max: 400 if NM, 344 if not NM)

Power:
Mox Sapphire 1200 if BGS/PSA Graded NM, 801 if SP, 716 if not quite SP.
Mox Jet 900 if BGS/PSA Graded NM, 472 if SP, 454 if not quite SP, 426 if worse but playable.
Mox Ruby 802 if BGS/PSA Graded NM, 471 if SP, 453 if not quite SP
Mox Emerald 802 if BGS/PSA Graded NM, 471 if SP, 435 if not quite SP, 414 if worse but playable.
Mox Pearl 800 if BGS/PSA Graded NM, 470 if SP, 413 if not quite SP

Ancestral Recall: 1250 if BGS/PSA Graded NM, 663 if SP, 613 if not quite SP
Time Walk: 900 if BGS/PSA Graded NM, 566 if SP
Timetwister: 500 if BGS/PSA Graded NM, 344 if SP, 308 if not quite SP

Etc:
Time Vault – 1 Max: Unlimited: 250 if NM, 176 if not.
Library of Alexandria – 1 Max: 250 if NM, 125 if not.
Chains of Mephistopheles – 3 Max: Italian 125. English 250 if NM, 152 if not NM
Playset of shock lands: 200 if all NM, 160 if not

If you have the same thing as what someone else is offering (same condition, etc) you can ‘1 up’ them by throwing in some combination of ‘cheaper’ cards from the below list:

Vedalkin Shackles (Modern Masters only - Max 1 only): 7
Watery Grave: 5 if NM, 4 if not
Sacred Foundry: 5 if NM, 4 if not
Breeding Pool: 5 if NM, 4 if not
Steam Vents: 5 if NM, 4 if not
Toxic Deluge: 6 if NM, 4 if not
Cunning Wish: 2 if NM, 1 if not
Birds of paradise (Unlimited): 35 if NM, 15 if not.
Transmute Artifact: 30 if NM, 18 if not
Other Alpha/Beta/Unlimited/Reserved list cards/MMA cheap rares/mythics
Cash always works as a bid. Let’s call $1 USD = 1 point for these purposes.

I am LandDestroyer on MOTL where I’ve bought/sold/traded from small lots to $3,000 collections over the past 10+ years, receiving over 100 feedback all with perfect 5/5 scores. http://forums.magictraders.com/ubbmisc.cgi

I am ChristopherLeeGregory on ebay where I’ve done over 724 auctions since 2001 receiving 100% positive feedback during that time though only 692 have left feedback, silly people forgetting to) http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

I can also provide references from here and the high end group upon request. You will be sending first and I will be sending after receipt with insurance and signature required."

Comments have included:
Bryan Bischof: Tracking

Still El Machino: Following

Dan Bock "I got a chance to see this in person last weekend. It is a nice piece"

Dean Edwards bid 1 Tabernacle of Pendrell Vale (English NM)

Me suggesting someone should offer a non-pearl mox plus a NM unlimited badlands or something :-P

Chris Tolley: "When does this end? I think I'm interested just need to see what I can put together for a decent offer."

I'll probably put up a popcorn rule to try and limited the ability to snipe. maybe say something like

"It was suggested I implement a "popcorn rule" so that any bid in the last 5 minutes extends to end time by 5 minutes until there are no more bids .
It may be a non-issue but unless anyone wants a "max bid situation" this may be the best option.
It's difficult with people in multiple time zones, trying to make sure nobody gets hosed.

The alternative would be anyone who bids could PM if they wanted something like "if this bid is outbid,"

If you're only on here and not on the FB group lmk and maybe we can get your bids/offers in.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:43 am

LandDestroyer wrote:Sorry! keith Adams suggested via PM I post an auction there.
Keith is one of the oldest members of this website. anyway good luck with your sale/trade.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.