Urza art set-

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

random
Librarities Legend

Urza art set-

Post by random » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:31 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251108732531?ss ... 1555.l2649

Anyone from this site is welcome to buy these. Of course the awful economy and my asking price limits potential buyers greatly. I'm sure I will rue the day if they sell though...

Fiber13
Librarities Member

Post by Fiber13 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:26 pm

I want this to sell so bad.
It would prove that high rollers are still very much out there.

Magic61983
Librarities Legend

Post by Magic61983 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:39 pm

It's framed well and it's a known piece but $7k just seems a bit out of the realm of reason. If all 12 were available I wouldn't see an issue with the asking price but this is 4 of the 12.
BGS 9+ Alpha set 282/295 (97.29%) Avg 9.41
BGS 9.5+ Beta set 283/302 (93.71%) Avg 9.58
BGS 9.5+ Arabian set 35/92 (38.04%) Avg 9.62
BGS 9.5+ Antiquities set 82/100 (82%) Avg 9.64
BGS 9.5+ Legends set 279/310 (90.00%) Avg 9.61

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:17 pm

One guy wants me to crack the frame and buy 1 for nearly 2K.
If all 12 were available I wouldn't see an issue with the asking price but this is 4 of the 12.
The trouble with the scope of collecting MTG is that some of us are ignorant of reality based values, ie old art - new art - promos - ABU - foils... prices are all over the spectrum. If someone did have all 12 of the lands art and asked only 7K they would be EXTREMELY foolish.

"If" all 12 were available- that would be epic. Really, at this point, that would be about as epic a collecting feat (at least art wise) as I could imagine. Alas I have the 4 for sale- I doubt anyone else has another set of any of the AQ lands. It's a great piece.
You think it would be easy to get 12 of any of the land pieces? Lands are mission impossible as far as the early stuff goes...

I have 6 offers so far- I'm getting hit up frequently and it's only Tuesday... People will drop $$$ on a nice Beta P9 or Dual land. People will pay several times more on a dual then what they paid a relatively short time prior. Art is heating up. "Len" I think his name is snap bought those Alpha pieces and I'm sure a list of people would have been right behind him. If they went at normal auction how much would they have realized? Keldon Warlord just got snap bought for what, 2.5K? "But those are Alpha" could be an argument. When's the last time anyone played Keldon Warlord/Fear? Legends and prior or thereabouts is a good art investment imo. There's a group of playables from that lot. I'd argue the playable cards will be worth more and then the iconic art pieces (Hurloon) and whatnot could become basically priceless.

7K is HIGH but is it within reason? Maybe not but I sure am getting a lot of messages from people... I'm willing to take less but I figured why not start high;)
I want this to sell so bad.
I don't care much either way- There's another piece I'd like to get so hopefully for us both maybe it sells. That being said, if/when economies improve I wouldn't be surprised to see this worth a lot more than 7K- Anyone who thinks my asking price is absurd is very shortsighted imo.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:05 am

For some reason the frame looks a lot better in the eBay listing than it did when you originally showed it on the forum, must be the angle!

Good luck getting a sale, it is best to aim high and come down, everyone thinks they are getting a bargain! If you put it too low you will never know what it could have gone for or what it is really worth.

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:09 am

It looks a lot better in person too.

A good % of my buyers are in Australia- That period where you had such a great exchange rate created an exodus of sorts from here to there...

I'll have it sold by Sunday evening. I'll post the "out of the realm of reason" final sale price if I wind up selling it post Ebay auction run:)

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:15 am

I think 7K isn't too unrealistic. I'd jump at that if they were the Mark Poole art Urza lands. I'd love to own either.

I'm probably in the group of people who right now are thinking "if I had the money I'd jump on it." But sadly, I am tied up & broke with- what else- other big MtG items. It's always a struggle to find someone who could not only WANT it, but AFFORD it.

You'll take cards as payment, right??

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:24 am

Those are gorgeous! =D>

Good Luck

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:25 am

random wrote:It looks a lot better in person too.

A good % of my buyers are in Australia- That period where you had such a great exchange rate created an exodus of sorts from here to there...

I'll have it sold by Sunday evening. I'll post the "out of the realm of reason" final sale price if I wind up selling it post Ebay auction run:)
Oh yes, $1.10 USD : 1.00 AUD was a good time for booster collectors in Australia, even with eBay fees and PayPal's exchange rate, it was still a great buying opportunity

(Also a good time to buy Summer Boosters from Canada!)

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:26 am

I'd jump at that if they were the Mark Poole art Urza lands.
I had some Poole art from AQ about 10 years ago and it was just OK. My expectations had been really high though...
I see he's doing new art now that looks great though! BIG pieces.
The Tedin ones exceeded my expectations by a margin. His stuff like the bug is more abstracted/weird versus the traditional Urza Tower looking art.

Yeah, people are strapped. 2 people have messaged me about payment plans. That doesn't work on Ebay though. It's only Tuesday though so time will tell.

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:53 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote: (Also a good time to buy Summer Boosters from Canada!)
Worked out well for Canada too :wink: