Great Condition Alpha set on eBay

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

kidicarus2000
Librarities Member

Great Condition Alpha set on eBay

Post by kidicarus2000 » Tue May 22, 2012 11:06 am

Hey guys! I finally got my account activated and wanted to post to let you know about an almost complete Alpha set I just listed on eBay (each card is listed in a separate auction). It's missing a Timetwister and a few other small cards, but is otherwise complete. All of the cards are in great condition, with many being NM/M.

Here is a link to the auctions:

http://stores.ebay.com/Icarus-Magic/Alp ... 34.c0.m322

Please check them out if you are interested. If the eBay scans are not large enough (it's harder to zoom in now on eBay pictures), I have high resolution scans on my imageshack page:

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/kidicarus812

Please note that I left the cards in penny plastics while scanning them, to avoid damaging the cards. Due to this, there are small white dots on the scans from the reflection. If you have any questions about whether or not a dot in the scan is on the card, please let me know and I will be happy to let you know. It's pretty easy to tell the difference though, since the reflection dots are all the same size.

I wish you all luck on any bidding you do, I hope that quite a few librarities members get the cards they want. I have more than one copy of some cards, so please check back if you don't win the one you're looking for this week. I don't have multiple copies of everything, but do for quite a few of them.

**Forum rules question*** - I just saw the very old eBay self promotion sticky thread above. Is this still a thing? I've seen people post about their interesting auctions on here, so I thought it was ok. But let me know if I'm mistaken and I can delete the thread.
Last edited by kidicarus2000 on Wed May 23, 2012 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Tue May 22, 2012 3:42 pm

Welcome!

To answer your rules question, the post is fine but only in the "Different Auction Sites Reports and MTG Commercial Websites" sub topic. We try to keep self-promotion and advertisement out of the rest of the forum.

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Tue May 22, 2012 6:07 pm

hello and welcome,

Is it a better deal to break your set and sell it card by card rather than a complet set in once ?

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Tue May 22, 2012 10:03 pm

time will tell :-D

kidicarus2000
Librarities Member

Post by kidicarus2000 » Wed May 23, 2012 12:50 am

yvel wrote:hello and welcome,

Is it a better deal to break your set and sell it card by card rather than a complet set in once ?
Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear about that in the original post. Each card is being sold in a separate auction, but the whole set is currently up. The only cards being sold together are some of the commons/uncommons in a lot together. Every rare and all the major commons/uncommons are being sold separately.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed May 23, 2012 1:02 am

Curious to see how much this will end at.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed May 23, 2012 10:04 am

Hi Kidicarus2000, nice to see you here!

We used your completed Summer auctions to thrash out a price for a sealed Summer booster, I am sorry they did so well!

Good luck with the Alpha auctions, do you think that putting up so many money cards at the same time will mean you realise lower prices for them or do you think there is enough mad money out there. Doesn't seem to be holding back many people!

Mark

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed May 23, 2012 3:42 pm

Welcome to Magiclibrarities!

What do you collect?

Gary

kidicarus2000
Librarities Member

Post by kidicarus2000 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:18 am

Hey Mark and Gary! Thank you for the welcome to librarities, I've been trolling the boards for the past year and am certainly happy that I can now contribute.

Mark - I don't think having everything up at once hurts, at least I hope not. :) It's hard to say for sure if it's better or worse to offer things at once (since there are benefits to both ways), hopefully I chose the correct one. I remember seeing the post about the Summer pack trading hands, I didn't realize there were still sealed packs out there until I read that post. Congrats on the purchase!

Gary - Right now, the main thing I'm collecting is old sealed product. I've never been a huge rarities collector (things like miscuts, test prints, etc.), but I've always loved Vintage stuff. A couple years ago, I went on a spending spree picking up a playset of A/B duals and power (luckily for me, right before A/B duals price went through the roof). Until recently, I hadn't moved into collecting sealed product. I lucked into a cheap Alpha starter a few months ago though, which gave me the fever.

Since then, I've been looking to get an Alpha box (if I ever find one), Beta box, Beta starter, Alpha pack, Beta pack, and possibly a Summer pack if another one ever comes on the market. If anyone knows of any old sealed product for sale, please let me know as I would certainly be interested in it.

Thanks again for the welcome guys, I really appreciate it. I'm planning to be around for a long time, so I'm sure we'll talk more in the future.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu May 24, 2012 7:47 am

Well once you collect your old sealed you are only going to want to collect the rest, what is your cut off date/set for old product?

I just need an Alpha and Beta booster and the English Booster set is done (and a few mere trifles which I haven't bothered to get around to yet). An Alpha and Beta starter and the starter/tournaments are done, I have a line on both, so nearly there!

Are you just after the english language product for the sake of nostalgia or are you going to look for the foreign products as well?

If you do well on the Alphas you shouldn't have a problem paying for the rest but maybe some problem finding it, some real money might shake out a few though!

Good luck!

kidicarus2000
Librarities Member

Post by kidicarus2000 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:08 am

I had planned to just collect Alpha and Beta sealed product (and Summer, just since it would be amazing to have a sealed pack), but I would probably pick up an Arabian, Antiquities, and Legends box if they were priced well.

Yes, I'm just after the old English sealed right now, but you're probably correct about wanting more after I'm done with those!

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu May 24, 2012 2:13 pm

Well the good news is that when you get your sealed Alpha starter deck box you will already have your Beta starter deck box.

You can't tell the difference unless you open it. Then, of course, it is no longer sealed.

Interesting dilemma. I have a couple folks wondering what to offer for the one I have. I have no advice for them....

Gary.

kidicarus2000
Librarities Member

Post by kidicarus2000 » Fri May 25, 2012 2:15 am

Oh really? I didn't know the starter boxes didn't have any difference (obviously the starters themselves do). That is quite a dilemma, and no real way to solve it other than to assume that the box is Beta unless you want to open it (which I'm sure you don't).

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Fri May 25, 2012 4:09 am

kidicarus2000 wrote: I remember seeing the post about the Summer pack trading hands, I didn't realize there were still sealed packs out there until I read that post. Congrats on the purchase!
Hi Kidicarus, and welcome to these boards. I am a huge fan of your Summer sales from last year and very impressed at your maketing/advertising stategy (be it intentional or not). You did very well and probably helped raise Summer awareness significantly. You raised the bar so much that I could not even afford to bid :-O on most of it :-( but in the end that is not a bad thing.

And speaking of Summer... I was the one who sold Mark his sealed pack and yes I do have one more spare that we could discuss if you like. So send me a PM if you wish.

... Also when you say "old sealed product", would that include hunting down a sealed box of English P3K by chance? :-\'

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Fri May 25, 2012 10:33 am

kidicarus2000 wrote:but I would probably pick up an Arabian, Antiquities, and Legends box if they were priced well.
Sealed Legends boxes have been selling for about 2.5K.

I saw Antiquities boxes get listed for 3K about 2 years ago, but didn't have the money for them then. I haven't seen any new Antiquities boxes up for auction for over a year now.

The very rare Arabian Nights boxes have been selling for about 10K apiece.

Clay