Original Art Warmth Drew Tucker

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

ritnecrowin
Librarities Legend

Original Art Warmth Drew Tucker

Post by ritnecrowin » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:42 pm

I'm running out of wall space and decided to get rid of a few pieces to make room... (plus I'm trying to raise some funds to win a Beautiful Grim piece or two)

If anyone's interested:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0562640177

magicmisprints
Librarities Hero

Post by magicmisprints » Thu May 27, 2010 7:15 pm

I have the sketch for that card, and it, like the one for Winds of Rath, uses clippings of photos in addition to his ink. Does he do something similar in the finished piece?

ritnecrowin
Librarities Legend

Post by ritnecrowin » Thu May 27, 2010 11:00 pm

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking?

Are you meaning is the painting a mix of paint and collaged sketches?

It's all paints....

magicmisprints
Librarities Hero

Post by magicmisprints » Thu May 27, 2010 11:22 pm

I mean that in the sketches for this card and Winds of Rath he used collaged photographs, in part. When I got a look at the image of the painting you used for your auction the center bit looked a lot like the photo clipping he used; the reason I asked about it was to find out whether he had painted the bit as faithfully as it seemed or whether he had incorporated a similar pastiche in the finished work. By the way, have you ever met him personally? I'm pretty sure the photo is/was of him.