MTG Movie Poster

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

MTG Movie Poster

Post by berkumps » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:31 pm

Poster released ages ago (as a prank, or to drum up interest?), nevertheless, I haven't seen it before. The actors pictured would be a bad choice IMO, but then again, it makes sense if it was a prank.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MTG-CCG-Video-Game- ... 286.c0.m14

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:04 pm

If I remember correctly this was a prank by Scrye years ago. I wish I could read the print at the bottom of that poster. >:-(

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:23 am

Didn't think it was printed since I only had seen the ad on a magazine. Neat item :-D

thulnanth
Librarities Legend

Post by thulnanth » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:06 am

Hey All,

I have that poster (lol)!! Pretty neat - I guess that's why I saved it. I am almost certain I got it in a magazine at some point. It is folded down the middle and as such is roughly 2x the size of a typical magazine.

I am at work, but if I remember correctly the writing at the bottom is just like movie credits, listing the actors and their parts (Arnold Schwarzenegger as "Karn", for example). There is one humorous line, I think. I will look at it when I get home and post again if anyone is interested :)

Take it easy,
Jared
Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:49 pm

look like a movie of the 80's lol