Ebay new policies

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Ebay new policies

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:02 am

Thought you might find that interesting.

Looks like they start to change. (They are firing 1500 people, so for once, Ebay does not do so well either...)

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200809.sht ... 9-15151424

***A Message from Dinesh Lathi: New Pricing for Fixed Price Listings Takes Effect at Midnight, Plus Other Reminders***

September 15, 2008 | 03:20PM PST/PT

Dinesh Lathi
Hi everyone. I'm here with a reminder that the new pricing structure for Fixed Price listings, as announced by Lorrie on August 20th, goes into effect at midnight Pacific time tonight. That means that sellers will be able to start taking advantage of the new 30-day duration for Fixed Price listings for the new low Insertion Fee of 35 cents, and just 15 cents in Books, Movies & DVDs, Music, and Video Games.

Also starting at midnight, and good through the end of the year, our special holiday promotion goes into effect for Books, Movies & DVDs, Music, and Video Games: Fixed Price Insertion Fees are just 5 cents when you use Pre-filled Item Information (see details here).

If you haven't already, make sure you've reviewed all of the information pages we've provided to learn more about the other changes she introduced: "recent sales" as a factor in Best Match search results for Fixed Price listings (which may take a few days to roll out across the entire site), new maximum shipping and handling charges in Books, Movies & DVDs, Music, and Video Games, our paperless payments policy, our seller standards, and more.

In addition, check out the Seller Checklist, which will help you stay on top of when various policies and features will take effect, and provide updates on the availability of tools for bulk-editing your listings. A few key upcoming dates:

* Starting October 1st and through the end of the year, sellers will get a free Subtitle listing upgrade, and eligible PowerSellers will get double their Final Value Fee discounts for items sold with free shipping.
* By October 5th, make sure your first domestic shipping option in your Books, Movies & DVDs, Music and Video Games listings is within the new maximum charges.
* On October 20th, our paperless payments policy will begin, and checks and money orders will no longer be allowed as payment methods.
* Also by late October, you'll need to specify your handling time and return policy in your listings.

As we did on August 20th, we'll be answering your questions about these changes on our special discussion forum on September 16th from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT.

Sincerely,

Dinesh Lathi
VP, Seller Experience

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:17 pm

They seem to be trying to move people away from the stores. Which works out well for me, in general, since I don't want to set UP a store...
He's just this guy, ya know?

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:28 pm

They are also trying to get people to stop charging shipping, since they do not take fees out of your shipping charges. (although paypal, which is owned by ebay, does).

savagebtings

Post by savagebtings » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:12 pm

I'm moving all my stuff to ebid next week....
Ebay is currently in self-destruct mode imho, and small sellers are being completely priced out.The fees post 23rd are unsustainable for the likes of me, but their loss will be ebid's gain..:)

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:03 pm

Don't know if you knew, but in the current financial crisis, Ebay is concerned as well.

They are firing 10 % of their employees worldwide, that is 1500 people.

savagebtings

Post by savagebtings » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:32 am

Yeah, i know.
Bet they love John Donahue, the CEO.
What will they do with all the spare bananas?

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Top Ebayers

Post by equi-nox76 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:07 pm

They are giving away 10 Euro PayPal credits right now for top Ebayers :dance: :-P That makes 30 Euro for us :-D

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:51 pm

Looks like Paypal is realizing that treating customers like s*** is not so good.

Trying to buy themselves a code of conduct ?

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:13 pm

magic-belgium wrote:Looks like Paypal is realizing that treating customers like s*** is not so good.

Trying to buy themselves a code of conduct ?
I wish I could believe that they have actually come to that realization. I think it is a corporate policy. I use them when I have to but try to avoid them when possible. I have not heard of ibid before and will check it out.

Thanks.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:47 pm

Is it ebid.com ?