Trying to locate plastic sleeves

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Sleeves

Post by equi-nox76 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:13 pm

yvel wrote:
l0qii wrote:From the pics it looks like the ones you have fold over and seal on the top. That's pretty cool. I don't think the ones I linked to do that. They are just open on the top like a normal penny sleeve
That is pretty cool, your 're right, the fact that you can "close" the sleeve and seal it is the best way to protect cards.
OK, now I must have them...

LizardCZ
Librarities Hero

Post by LizardCZ » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:27 pm

I've never hear of those Yanoman sleeves, but KMC had ones with the exact size of a card. They were called KMC Perfect Size, and are very popular around Vintage players here in Spain. Sadly the production of these sleeves have been discontinued, and the few that remains are valued high.

These packs looks like this one:

image1

And there is a small example of how to use them:

image2

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:32 pm

LizardCZ wrote:I've never hear of those Yanoman sleeves, but KMC had ones with the exact size of a card. They were called KMC Perfect Size, and are very popular around Vintage players here in Spain. Sadly the production of these sleeves have been discontinued, and the few that remains are valued high.

These packs looks like this one:

image1

And there is a small example of how to use them:

image2

If those cards were included with hte packs, then I can understand why they were so popular :)

Those look like the exact same size as the Yanoman. I would be willing to take those too. Why would these be discontinued? it sounds like they were pretty popular.

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:38 pm

Can you seal them as mine ?

LizardCZ
Librarities Hero

Post by LizardCZ » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:42 pm

I've heard that there are people paying like 20 euros for a pack of these sleeves around here. I don't know why they have been discontinued either.

If the Yanoman sleeves are the exact same size with similar quality there will be a huge instant demand of them, I assure.
yvel wrote:Can you seal them as mine ?
No, these don't seal. Anyway the seal is of no utility if you just double-sleeve the cards, as seen on the second photo.

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:54 pm

I never saw an offer at 20€ for a pack !
I'm not an every old user but since i'm here i was loocking for sleeves without sucess :
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... highlight=

Whatever, i can add other scan of the sleeves i used :

As you can see on the Old man of the Sea (first page) this sleeves have perfect size, and you can also use them for tournement. The fact that you can seal them is very important for protection.
Manipulation cards from binder, tournement sleeves, fingers ...
Your cards are now 100% protected (but not waterproof :) )

Equi-nox76 should received soon his first packs.

LizardCZ
Librarities Hero

Post by LizardCZ » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:15 pm

yvel wrote:I never saw an offer at 20€ for a pack !
When I said "here" I meant "here where I live", in Spain, not in the forums :P

I have had other similar sleeves that do seal and I stopped using them because the seal add extra thickness at the bottom; that matters for me, at least.
The sleeve of your photos also seems to be a bit wider than the KMC Perfect Size ones that I'm talking about.

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:59 am

Both the Yanoman and the KMC are 89x64 mm. I don't if there are any other brands that make this size. I know Ultra-Pro does not.

Apocalypse2K
Legendary Apocalypse Tempest Collector

Post by Apocalypse2K » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:54 am

Maybe perfect size sleeve supplies only KMC and Yanoman. I don't see any other brand from Japan.

equi-nox76

Sleeves

Post by equi-nox76 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:05 pm

I received the sleeves yesterday and was glad to see that they fit perfectly!
It doesn't only protect the card from all sides, but also fits into standard Ultra-Pro sleeves, so they are tournament legal and imo the best sleeves for collections, I'll have to order much more now to wrap all my baby's.
Chris

mwagee
Librarities Legend

Post by mwagee » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:44 pm

As a slight tangent

Does anyone know if Ultra Pro still makes clear sleeves? It seems like all the sleeves they make nowadays has some kind of colored back.

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:19 am

yvel>> Recieved the package today, all good. Now I know what to do for the rest of the year.. re-sleeving.. :-P

equi-nox76

resleeving

Post by equi-nox76 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:23 am

agzz wrote:yvel>> Recieved the package today, all good. Now I know what to do for the rest of the year.. re-sleeving.. :-P
LOL, same for me :-O Chris

Spectral_bears
Librarities Hero

Post by Spectral_bears » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:27 pm

mwagee wrote:As a slight tangent

Does anyone know if Ultra Pro still makes clear sleeves? It seems like all the sleeves they make nowadays has some kind of colored back.
Maybe, I purchased about 400 clear sleeves from Coolstuffinc about 6 months ago and they were the only place I could find them. The came in the same dragon pic box that I used to get clear UltraPro sleeves in back in 1998 so I think they were kinda old.

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:32 pm

mwagee wrote:As a slight tangent

I don't think they do, but you can still find them some places. I might have a few unopened packs of them if you're looking.