Magic Librarities Holiday Gift Exchange - XI Edition

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Blood
Librarities Hero

Magic Librarities Holiday Gift Exchange - XI Edition

Post by Blood » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:32 am

The application process is CLOSED! Everyone look out in the next 24 hours for an email.

The powers above had me extend it to the 24th of November for registering.

In celebration of 11 years of Librarities, welcome to the "Core Set - Eleventh Edition" edition of the Magic Librarities Holiday Gift Exchange!

The gift exchange is a fun way to participate with your fellow members and make new friends. I put participant's names in my magic Philadelphia Eagles Hat, then I draw names at random for each participant and they send something (usually / preferably Magic related) as a surprise gift at the holidays.

There are a few guidelines and suggestions, please read them carefully.

All members are eligible to participate.

There is an arbitrary (approximate) price limit of about $20 - $25 US. (shipping costs not included.)
Shipping will be the "givers" responsibility. (Please contact me if that is a challenge for you.)

As this is starting later than normal this year, registrations will run from now until 6pm (NY time) November 19, 2014. Please register as soon as possible. Late registrations are absolutely not accepted!

To register, send via PM to Blood's mailbox the following information:
Name ( real name & library name)
Mailing Address (or address you would like items shipped to).
A valid email address you may be contacted at.
Optional, but highly recommended - a wishlist. (Try to keep the list under 20 line items.)
I will also need to know if you are willing/able to ship internationally.

Your information (excluding your email) will be provided ONLY to the person who draws your name.

Confirmed participants will have their Librarity names listed at the bottom of this first post once I have received their information.
YOU CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE CONFIRMED UNTIL AFTER I HAVE REC'D YOUR INFORMATION.
Posting "I'm in", on the thread does not constitute registering.

If for ANY reason after confirming, you find that you are unable or not willing to participate to the fullest, please let me know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Names will be drawn from my Magic Philadelphia Eagles Hat and participants notified (via PM or email) on November 20th, 2014.

Due to an increased amount of postal workloads at that time of year, it is suggested that persons shipping internationally (overseas) have their items shipped no later than Dec. 5th, 2014.
This is recommended due to possible delays in customs.
Those with domestic shipping should ship by Dec. 10, 2014. This is so the items can hopefully arrive on time to their respective destinations.

I would like members to notify me when they ship gifts AND when they receive them.

Here are some suggestions maximize the experience for the community.

1) Research your recipient. Spend some time reading through their posts
to try to discover what they collect. Part of the fun is in getting to know
people and trying to please them. (You're recipients wishlist will be provided on request, if they supplied one.)

Anyone who gets me, just see the 3rd page of the Holiday Gift Exchange for the 10 Years of Magiclibrarities forum and you can see my interests (both of them). http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... c&start=30

2) If you can't find something that you know is on their wishlist, try to find
interesting, oddball things that they may not have seen. Customizing a card(s) is an idea for those rich in creativity but poor in pocketbook.
The goal should be creativity rather than bottom line Auction Site value.

Other options that I really like in addition to the gift are local flavor options. Something small that defines the region you live or the culture you are part of makes a cool gift to someone on the other side of the world.

3) The gifts should not be given anonymously, we are trying to make friends.
You may publicly post that you received (please wait until after Dec. 24, 2014 to post) and if you like, WHAT you received if you are thrilled so the person responsible will know.

Please DO NOT publicly post who sent you your gift and you should ALWAYS privately acknowledge a gift.

4) $20 to $25 is the suggested value for gifts but please give whatever you want to give and think is appropriate for the magic rarities community.
If you are thinking of sending standard commons or would be upset if that is what you received, it might better if you didn't participate.

Let's have a great celebration of the holidays and the 11th anniversary of the forum!

CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS (10)
Blood
psrex
OGB
mmgun
GlobalBoosterHunter
TheJGit
mystical_tutor
dragsamou
berkumps
kalimno
Last edited by Blood on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

OGB
Librarities Hero

Post by OGB » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:29 pm

Thanks, Blood. Sending you a PM now.

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:21 pm

Only a few more days left guys, lets get signed up!

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:30 pm

The powers above had me extend it to the 24th of November for registering.

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:25 pm

The application process is CLOSED! Everyone look out in the next 24 hours for an email.

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:33 pm

Guys I am sorry I am waiting to hear back from dragsamou. I will get this out as soon as I hear back from him. Jason

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:23 am

Not a problem, I could do with the extra time but apologies to anyone who has to get a gift from me, chances are it is going to be late, a few days extra isn't going to change that.

OGB
Librarities Hero

Post by OGB » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:09 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:Not a problem, I could do with the extra time but apologies to anyone who has to get a gift from me, chances are it is going to be late, a few days extra isn't going to change that.
The spirit of the exchange more than makes up for the timing issues from international postage. :-)

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:56 am

Is the whole thing canceled? Did anyone got any message from blood already ?

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:46 am

mmgun wrote:Is the whole thing canceled? Did anyone got any message from blood already ?
Hi

I didn't get any message from Blood, but I was late myself to provide my info as I was not able to use internet. At any rate, it shouldn't be canceled as we can change the Magic Librarities Holiday Gift Exchange to Magic Librarities Happy New Year Gift Exchange, meaning receiving the gift to start the year as a variant, and providing more time to the 10 Members ? to send and prepare. Jason is the one in charge, so it's his call.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:36 pm

I got your message and am ready to send this out. Look for an email in the next 4 hours everyone. Do not fret the date of Christmas for people to get their package, as the more important thing here is the thought behind the exchange. Jason

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:25 am

Emails went out. Let me know if there are any problems. Jason

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:53 am

I got my email and my recipient, and it is a good one too, will have to have a bit of a think about his one...

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:57 am

Got mine also, and that's a serious challenge #-o
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:27 pm

Got mine. Going to be fun, don't have anything on the wish list but will try to get him something appropriate.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.