7th edition 2-player starter page?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

7th edition 2-player starter page?

Post by squt » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:55 am

Am I going crazy? i can't find anything about the 7th edition foil promo card - Thorn Elemental - anywhere on the site. I have a few sealed foreign 2-player 7th edition boxes, and before I cracked into them I was wondering which languages the promo card was printed in...there's a page on the 8th edition core set box, and the starter 2000 box, but I can't find the 7th edition one...am I just missing it?

Squt

PS - for some reason my web browser won't load the Library logo, the post/reply buttons, or any of the emoticons. I can still click on them, but I can't see them. I am running Mozilla Firefox...anyone have any ideas?

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Post by flatmatt » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:44 am

Isn't it identical to the normal foil Thorn Elemental?

As for the image loading problems, you can try clearing your browser cache. (Tools > Options > Privacy > Cache > Clear Cache Now)

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:37 pm

flatmatt's statement is correct. The foil Thorn Elemental in the 7th Edition Starter Set is identical to the regular foil version. The same is true for the 8th Edition Elvish Champion and the 9th Edition Serra Angel. As a consequence, all these cards do not have a scan on the website. The corresponding Starter Sets are only covered for their noteworthy other contents like the Magic guy card in the 7th Edition Starter Set or the "S" cards in the 8th and 9th Edition versions.

squt

Post by squt » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:09 pm

Ok - thanks guys. I think I have one of each language it's printed in, so I'll check to see if there are any interesting discrepancies. I have already found that the thorn elemental is not in every package for every language - no chinese, one, but there is a japanese foil.

Thanks for the suggestion flattmatt, but still no luck. it's very strange - i use mozilla at work and don't have any trouble seeing everything on the site.

MP

victorcamp
Librarities Legend

Missing Links

Post by victorcamp » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:33 pm

And, by the way, we all don't see your avatar. This may be a Ralph issue, since it refers to a YaBB directory on the Magic Library server:

http://www.magiclibrary.net/phpBB2/imag ... SE/dog.gif

Huzzah! It's the same issue as Hammer7:

http://www.magiclibrary.net/phpBB2/imag ... winnie.gif

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:50 pm

I didn't realize it, but in one of the forum updates I lost my Winnie the Pooh avatar. It was one of the original defaults available when I first joined the forum.

squt

Post by squt » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:32 pm

I probably haven't updated it since the change. I'm really stymied about not being able to see images on my firefox at home. It's really weird. The Magic Library banner isn't there, the emoticons to the left of me while typing this aren't there, when i'm reading threads, the post and reply buttons aren't there...I can click on them, I just can't SEE them.

Gah. Makes no sense to me.

MP

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:03 pm

squt wrote:I probably haven't updated it since the change. I'm really stymied about not being able to see images on my firefox at home. It's really weird. The Magic Library banner isn't there, the emoticons to the left of me while typing this aren't there, when i'm reading threads, the post and reply buttons aren't there...I can click on them, I just can't SEE them.

Gah. Makes no sense to me.

MP
stupid question, but have you accidently turnd off loading of images?

squt

Post by squt » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:53 pm

I'll check. Seems strange that it would only be a problem on the magic library.

MP