Holiday Gift Exchange Program

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

bigfatkitty
Legendary Overweight Cat Warrior

Post by bigfatkitty » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:10 pm

AXIOS wrote:which holiday?
It must be April Fool's Day!
AXIOS wrote: by the time it is this period of the year, i have fullfilled all my promises to some members.....
I may just have to come to your house to get anything. ;D Your track record isn't so hot as far as promises go. But you're still my favorite Netherlandian. ](*,)

Porkinho

Post by Porkinho » Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:06 pm

I'd gladly participate, the thing is, I don't have a clue on what to offer LOL because YOU PEOPLE HAVE IT ALL!!! ](*,)

Luis

tetsuo42
Librarities Hero

Post by tetsuo42 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:16 am

what are the guidelines for stuff to be given away? i'd like to participate, but sadly my rarities/oddities collection is rather small., and i'm sure no one wants jank rares...

cheers

ANALOG_KID
Legendary MTG Art Collector

Post by ANALOG_KID » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:54 am

Greetings all!

We are pleased to see that many of you (and hopefully many more) are willing to participate in this years holiday (seasonal) gift exchange.
It was MoonSprite's idea that we continue the wonderful "tradition" that Sylvanstu started for us last year.

At this point it is just the announcement that we will be coordinating things for the exchange. We will have more information in the first or second week of October.
The primary reason for this early start is to allow us time to organize and allow members to find items.
It will also provide adequate time for postal services from around the world to deliver items in a timely manner. (yeah, right! :lol: )

So watch for the posting in the first half of October. We'll have all the details then.

Have a wonderful day!!
Analog & MoonSprite

Big Games Supply

Post by Big Games Supply » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:20 am

are the gifts usually magic related, or is this my chance to get rid of 10,000 pokemon cards?

;D

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Post by AXIOS » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:43 am

bigfatkitty wrote: I may just have to come to your house to get anything. ;D Your track record isn't so hot as far as promises go. But you're still my favorite Netherlandian. ](*,)
now that would be a great idea, whenever oyou can find the time, just hop along.......
btw, you think it is gonna be all MtG related ? [img]http://smilies.sofrayt.com/^/aiw/diablo.gif[/img]
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

normalbrains
Librarities Member

Post by normalbrains » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:02 pm

i participated last year, but will pass this year. i sent anonymously, but i really wanted to hear some sort of reaction from the person that recieved what i sent. they appeared on the forum at the time of the exchange and disappeared as soon as it was over never to be seen again. didnt more than one person not recieve their gifts last year? perhaps only established members should be allowed to partake. ba humbug!

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Post by AXIOS » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:13 pm

i did receive, only the person who i got it from also dissapeared from the forums, never had a chance to thank him
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:15 pm

Oh what the heck, I'm in this year..;-)

Gryfalia

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:30 pm

I'm in.

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

Post by TerraFrost » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:46 pm

I think I'm in, too. :)

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:31 pm

normalbrains wrote:i participated last year, but will pass this year. i sent anonymously, but i really wanted to hear some sort of reaction from the person that recieved what i sent. they appeared on the forum at the time of the exchange and disappeared as soon as it was over never to be seen again. didnt more than one person not recieve their gifts last year? perhaps only established members should be allowed to partake. ba humbug!
Exactly.

I sent a FOIL Academy Rector to some dude with 3 posts on the forums, who never posted if he liked it or not. =/

sk1
Librarities Legend

Post by sk1 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:05 am

I'm not sure how it's decided who can participate, but I would like to participate this year if that's okay with everyone. If not, that's fine too. If someone can let me know if I'm in, I'd appreciate it.

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

Post by TerraFrost » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:19 am

We could have established members send to established members and non-established members send to... well, you get the idea.

As for what would qualify one as being an established member or not... who knows.

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:56 am

TerraFrost wrote: As for what would qualify one as being an established member or not... who knows.
I think that decision should be left up to REALLY established members, if you know what I mean: Ralph, hammr7, mintcollector, etc