an unexpected change

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Lasbrook

Post by Lasbrook » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:16 pm

Bertrand, did you make sure to click the reactivation link? I didnt at first any my new password wouldnt work either.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:22 pm

Ralph those Formu links I emailed you on are still pointing to the YaBB boards. From home of www.magiclibrary.net, click on the Rarities page. Then select the Forum from the top bar. Same holds trues for the Sets page.

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Post by AXIOS » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:28 pm

mintcollector wrote:Ralph those Formu links I emailed you on are still pointing to the YaBB boards. From home of www.magiclibrary.net, click on the Rarities page. Then select the Forum from the top bar. Same holds trues for the Sets page.
told ya! ;)
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:56 pm

mintcollector, AXIOS: I have just looked it up and it works fine for me. Since I specifically corrected these two links and uploaded the files after mintcollector's email, it must have to do something with your webcache.

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:18 pm

My avatar was a bit big!

Congrats on the new looks & features on the website. And good luck on your exams...

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Post by flatmatt » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:34 pm

Bah, stupid page not reloading. Just found this place. And after resetting my password, I am here.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:50 pm

Ralph Herold wrote:mintcollector, AXIOS: I have just looked it up and it works fine for me. Since I specifically corrected these two links and uploaded the files after mintcollector's email, it must have to do something with your webcache.
Ralph, I cleared my cache and even keyed in the website by hand. You are correct though, things work correctly after you clear your cache AGAIN since you made the fix.

Axios: Try clearing the cache again.

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:06 pm

Everything appears to be working properly, except previously nothing was turning orange for new replies, and now it is orange, and even after I read a thread (I click on the "The Magic Library Forum Index" above, do not go back a screen) and it is still Orange - I blame my computer! :D

** EDIT - I shut the window and opened again, all that was orange before is now back to blue **

Also, wanted to say the feature of having polls is something I like here. I don't know how often it might get used or not, but I find that a nice little bonus feature. Use it if you want, don't if you do not want!

AXIOS

Post by AXIOS » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:27 pm

mintcollector wrote:
Ralph Herold wrote:mintcollector, AXIOS: I have just looked it up and it works fine for me. Since I specifically corrected these two links and uploaded the files after mintcollector's email, it must have to do something with your webcache.
Ralph, I cleared my cache and even keyed in the website by hand. You are correct though, things work correctly after you clear your cache AGAIN since you made the fix.

Axios: Try clearing the cache again.
yep,
now all is correct!
Fungusaur legend

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:32 pm

AXIOS: Good news! I just tested it myself, and you CAN add images to your signature. Just add [img]thesourceofyourimagefile[/img] to your signature. It will not work subsequently, though, so this is only valid for new posts.

flatmatt: Since AXIOS' problem is solved, I have now disabled HTML.

AXIOS

Post by AXIOS » Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:56 pm

Ralph Herold wrote:AXIOS: Good news! I just tested it myself, and you CAN add images to your signature. Just add [img]thesourceofyourimagefile[/img] to your signature. It will not work subsequently, though, so this is only valid for new posts.

flatmatt: Since AXIOS' problem is solved, I have now disabled HTML.
THNX
Fungusaur legend

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

Post by TerraFrost » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:07 am

Well,
i had a link to a smilie from terrafrost (the smilie with the "i am iluvatar_666" sign.)
phpBB stopped allowing images with odd extensions (ie. *.php as opposed to *.jpg, or whatever) some time ago (it's vulnerable to XSS). You can go back to my Graemlin Creator, and recreate your sig. The resultant link will work.

Also, for those who usually access the board by going directly to it, what about making the boards old location redirect here? This can be done with a .htaccess file (I've been doing something similar with my Graemlin Creator for some time, now).

Finally, when looking for MODifications, I'd recommend going to phpbb.com. They, unlike phpbbhacks.com, attempt to make limited guarantees that the MODification you download is bug free, does not contain vulnerabilities, is (relatively) easy to install, etc.
Be warned, though, that PhBB forums have been known in the past for being targeted by hackers as there seem to be a few security issues.

That's the reason why many websites have switched to other less popular yet less hack-able forum softwares.
To say that other forum software packages are less hack-able seems to me to be a little naive. phpBB is considerably more popular than any other forum software. This popularity makes it a target just as the size / power of the United States (among other things) makes it a target. This does not mean that it is less secure, though. Testament to this is, among other things, the fact that for the critical fix in 2.0.16 took months to be found by anyone, despite the increased visibility.

The real security problems come about when people don't update their software and this fact is hardly exclusive to phpBB.
BLACK LOTUS DONATIONS NEEDED!

CURRENT COUNT: 0

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Deleting posts

Post by silver.paladin » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:59 pm

Okay, possibly a stupid question, but how do you delete posts with this new forum program?

When I put the mouse cursor over the EDIT button, it says "edit/delete", but when I click on it, all I seem to be able to do is edit the post. And if I try to remove all the text and save, it says something must be written, it cannot be blank.

Am I missing something here?

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Deleting posts

Post by dragsamou » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:06 pm

silver.paladin wrote:Okay, possibly a stupid question, but how do you delete posts with this new forum program?

When I put the mouse cursor over the EDIT button, it says "edit/delete", but when I click on it, all I seem to be able to do is edit the post. And if I try to remove all the text and save, it says something must be written, it cannot be blank.

Delete is the Cross on the right Chris :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Re: Deleting posts

Post by silver.paladin » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:21 am

dragsamou wrote:
silver.paladin wrote:Okay, possibly a stupid question, but how do you delete posts with this new forum program?

Delete is the Cross on the right Chris :wink:
I must be blind, I still do not see this.
I see the "quote" "edit" and "back to top". I do not see any cross.
And when I click on "edit", I do not see any cross either.

EDIT: Now this is strange. I posted this reply, and now I see the cross, but I have looked at a half dozen other replies I made, and the cross does not exist on any of them. Only on this message.