new idea, maybe

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

new idea, maybe

Post by silver.paladin » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:57 pm

Something I was thinking about recently, in part due to some comments from rg that I agree with, is how about the possibility of another forum in the trading area that might be more specific to buy/sell/trade new non-standard cards.

The thought I was having, is that when a new promo card is known about, a thread within that forum could be started for members who either have promo cards to trade/sell, or members looking to buy/trade those promos.

The reason I am thinking of an idea like this, is if I, for example, got 4x of a card, but only wanted 1x, I am not too open to the idea of asking people in general if they wanted it, but if there was a thread listing those who might want that card, then I could PM 2 or 3 of those individuals and offer it.
On the flip side of things, if I am wanting a ewly released card, I could say so there, and with luck, someone would offer it to me.

I think this would fit in, in 2 ways - 1) I agree with rg that it is kind of tiring to see someone announce a new card in the NEWS area and then see a number of posts asking "can I get one", "do you have extras", etc, and I think this idea would help keep the NEWS area cleaner; and 2) fitting in with Ralph's definition for thread deletions, after 3 months of non-activity, it is perfectly fine to delete the thread.  For the most part, I would think such threads would only have a couple weeks of activity, since it would be primarily new cards that are being asked/offered, so after even 1 month of inactivity, the thread could probably be removed.

Again, just another thought on my end.
Oct 30, away until further notice

mahdishain
Librarities Legend

Re: new idea, maybe

Post by mahdishain » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:40 am

it seems to me the kind of thread you are talking about fits perfectly in the current section:

Promotional, Misprinted, and Unofficial Magic Items
offers and inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items

i don't see the need for a different section for new items.
people just need to start a thread in the appropriate section instead off diluting a news thread with the requests.

practice peace
practice peace