Metal Duelist counters

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Big Games Supply

Metal Duelist counters

Post by Big Games Supply » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:43 pm

I was wondering why the metal duelist counters are not on the site.

I would like them to be added, if possible. Thanks

Also, I have the green, red, and white ones with the "straight" across print of "duelist".  I have only seen one green one that had the "duelist" arched in its lettering.  did they make all colors in two styles?

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Re: Metal Duelist counters

Post by Ralph Herold » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:25 am

Yes, they made both styles for all colors. These life counters will be added to tbe website, but this is a low priority.

Big Games Supply

Post by Big Games Supply » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:34 am

Yes, they made both styles for all colors. These life counters will be added to tbe website, but this is a low priority.
not a low priority to those of us who collect them, but I understand.  Who cares about "official" wizards of the Coast life counters anyways?  
http://www.magiclibrary.net/rarities-ar ... mages.html

I think it would also be cool to have pics of all the colors of all the spindowns as well.  Some may not think it is needed, but I think they both have a place in the life counters section of this site.

thank you.

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:40 am

not a low priority to those of us who collect them, but I understand.  Who cares about "official" wizards of the Coast life counters anyways?  
http://www.magiclibrary.net/rarities-ar ... mages.html

I think it would also be cool to have pics of all the colors of all the spindowns as well.  Some may not think it is needed, but I think they both have a place in the life counters section of this site.

thank you.
Once Ralph and I obtain all of spindowns (and furthermore, a digital camera - yet another thing I keep buying more cards instead of) I plan to take pics of them.  Since Ralph and I need so many, and no one seems to have them, i doubt it would be possible at this point.

Ralph Herold

Post by Ralph Herold » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:53 am

MagicRumorMill: I do collect them myself, but I usually refrain to buy them because of their high price. Very few people are interested in them, so I do consider them not a top priority. I addition to that, there are technical problems. I do just have a few, so I will need many scans from other people and they might not even be scanable due to their design, so they will have to be photographed. But since I do not have a digital camera, I can not do this for myself.

Spindown life counters are a similar case: I miss quite a few and they need to be photographed.

johnstown713
Legendary Boy Of 713

Post by johnstown713 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:54 am

Why would those life counters be high proirity to Ralph?

The official ones at least correspond directly with Wizards distibution and are given out to players.  The Arena ones are where they belong and I am sure since you made the rerquest, eventually the Duelest ones will be added.

On a side note, I am getting in some more spindowns shortly so hopefully I can help Evan and Ralph get pictures.

Big Games Supply

Post by Big Games Supply » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:16 am

standard lotus:

http://www.lordofthedice.de/games/RPG1.htm#magic

green and white duelist

http://www.trollandtoad.com/Supplies-&- ... p2n10.html

When I find more pics, I will post them here.

Ralph Herold

Post by Ralph Herold » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:09 am

MagicRumorMill: I honor your anxiety to help, but these images are unusable. What I need are unified high-quality images of the unwrapped product, nothing else will do. The image of the Black Lotus dice will do, though.

As for adding more life counters, in order not to breach the scope of this website, only life counters are listed which have a relation to Magic. As a consequence, the life counters from toyvault and other companies and the new Ultra-Pro life counters, which sometimes feature awesome artwork, do not qualify. The same is true for customized life counters.

Big Games Supply

Post by Big Games Supply » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:14 am

Oh, ok.  I agree.  thank you for letting me know.  I will remove the other links.  I will continue to look for better images to help.  I hope I can.

Big Games Supply

Post by Big Games Supply » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:26 pm

MagicRumorMill: As for adding more life counters, in order not to breach the scope of this website, only life counters are listed which have a relation to Magic. As a consequence, the life counters from toyvault and other companies and the new Ultra-Pro life counters, which sometimes feature awesome artwork, do not qualify. The same is true for customized life counters.
Ralph, I was wondering how having an official and non official area for life counters is different than the official and non official areas for tokens?

Ralph Herold

Post by Ralph Herold » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:49 pm

MagicRumorMill: Structure always follows the requirements of its delivered contents aiming for balance.  There are so many types of tokens that splitting them was warranted. The number of life counters are still within limit. When this changes, I will split them as well.

Big Games Supply

Post by Big Games Supply » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:41 am

do you have any of these life counters extra?

Ralph Herold

Post by Ralph Herold » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:04 am

MagicRumorMill: Sorry, no. All I have to spare is listed on my have list.

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:13 am

do you have any of these life counters extra?
There have been a TON of these on ebay the last few days, but they were really expensive.

Big Games Supply

Post by Big Games Supply » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:47 am

There have been a TON of these on ebay the last few days, but they were really expensive.

That really sucks.  You know someone is hording them left over from the woc stores closing just to jack up the price.

yuck