Slow loading of forum pages

Everything else about the website.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Slow loading of forum pages

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:34 pm

I hope I am the only one experiencing this but I thought I would ask.

This web site has become really slow at loading pages. It loads about 30% of the page and then just stops. Most of the time if I hit F5 it will load the rest.

The only reason I mention it here is because this has not been happening with other things I load. It started happening about a week ago and comes and goes. I am using IE 8 instead of version 9--not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:39 pm

Forum or Page?

It never happend to me, everything as it should be. Maybe the servers are in Europe an there is too much traffic in between?

Or it takes some time until the CIA parses your request :wink:

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:50 am

It has happened to me on a number of occasions in the last few weeks. I wasn't sure if it was me, or perhaps heavy traffic in some areas of the web (server involved in a DOS or similar attack).

But since it is happening to others it might be a problem with the server housing the site.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:21 pm

Ha! happened to me when I tried to view this page! ](*,) I had to refresh TWICE to view the full thread.