What is the best scan?

Everything else about the website.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

What is the best scan?

Post by dragsamou » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:31 am

Hi Members

As I try to improve the quality of some scans in the Test Prints Subsection, thanks to let me know, what's the best one for you.

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/723-rar ... mages.html
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:25 pm

Sorry, it is not possible to evaluate thumbnails. For such purpose 600 dpi scans in full scale are necessary. So please release (or sent!) one or two full scale 600 dpi scans, as png or jpg (low compression, 95% or better). I know, big files, but it is important to have the full information.

And some hints: disable all automatic correction in the scan process like color correction, sharpness, contrast (and AUTO TONE, of course). Disable automatic removing of scratches and so on. All these things will lower the quality of the scans.

And don't use an all-in-one scanner. Such devices are only junk and not suitable to get good scans. And don't use a LED scanner. Such a device is completely unsuitable for scanning foil cards. And don't use a cheap scanner (<250 Euro). Using such devices is wasted time.

Clean carefully the scanner surface (and the cards, if necessary) before every scan. Otherwise there will be a lot of dust, decreasing the quality of the result.

Good luck.

BTW, here you'll find a test scan. This illustrate the necessary quality. Scanning in lower quality is wasted time, when you will have great high quality scans in the end, believe me.
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?pqqp6yxfgb1ipig

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:23 am

Mister Foilcard wrote:Sorry, it is not possible to evaluate thumbnails. For such purpose 600 dpi scans in full scale are necessary. So please release (or sent!) one or two full scale 600 dpi scans, as png or jpg (low compression, 95% or better). I know, big files, but it is important to have the full information.

And some hints: disable all automatic correction in the scan process like color correction, sharpness, contrast (and AUTO TONE, of course). Disable automatic removing of scratches and so on. All these things will lower the quality of the scans.

And don't use an all-in-one scanner. Such devices are only junk and not suitable to get good scans. And don't use a LED scanner. Such a device is completely unsuitable for scanning foil cards. And don't use a cheap scanner (<250 Euro). Using such devices is wasted time.

Clean carefully the scanner surface (and the cards, if necessary) before every scan. Otherwise there will be a lot of dust, decreasing the quality of the result.

Good luck.

BTW, here you'll find a test scan. This illustrate the necessary quality. Scanning in lower quality is wasted time, when you will have great high quality scans in the end, believe me.
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?pqqp6yxfgb1ipig
Hi Hans
I know all that, I just wanted to in a very quickly way, to modified the scans *GERMAN/FRENCH COPYRIGHT TEST PRINTS* blurry scans by a bit better ones, I really don't have the time to concentrate on scanning, as I have so many other things to worry about as priorities. Another question, I have created some symbols, but the function I use on Photobucket doesn't allow me to take off the white around the symbol, is there's another simple way or a program is absolutely necessary?
Thanks for input.

Example:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.