Possibility to search the rarities site?

Everything else about the website.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Possibility to search the rarities site?

Post by l0qii » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:38 am

Not the forum, but the invaluable archive that is the rarities side of the site. The only site to my knowledge that catalogs how and when every promo and non standard card was released. I s it possible to make this searchable?

For example, tonight I wanted to know How Nalathni Dragon was release. Of course it was Dragoncon 1994, but wasn't it also package with an issue of Inquest shortly after? Where do I find this on the rarities site? I consider myself very knowledgeable about rarities but I'm still not sure which section of the site this card is under. A simple search function would make a world of difference

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Possibility to search the rarities site?

Post by dragsamou » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:19 am

l0qii wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:38 am
Not the forum, but the invaluable archive that is the rarities side of the site. The only site to my knowledge that catalogs how and when every promo and non standard card was released. I s it possible to make this searchable?

For example, tonight I wanted to know How Nalathni Dragon was release. Of course it was Dragoncon 1994, but wasn't it also package with an issue of Inquest shortly after? Where do I find this on the rarities site? I consider myself very knowledgeable about rarities but I'm still not sure which section of the site this card is under. A simple search function would make a world of difference
Hi

For the last 2 years now, I don't have a webmaster anymore, I don't have the technical skills to perform anything related to that task and working on the different updates is already a 24/7. To implement a search function, the whole website will need to be upgraded as it's using a very old codes format. It will cost a lot of time and money to do so, If you or anyone are willing to pay for that expense, it could be eventually implemented in the future, but for now I have other priorities.

Also few years back, the website was supposed to be totally upgraded, to have a search function, etc. but it was a terrible experiment, and it was reversed to his old format in emergency. Out of that experience, I'm not sure if I want to put the website at risk again. While, we can agree that the codes used are really obsolete, at least it works for the last 15 years, and I can use the specific program created for me to update the website on a very regular basis.

For the Nalathni Dragon, info always been on the same place: MEDIA INSERTS: The Duelist Inserts.
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/21-rari ... index.html

For the Nalathni Dragon Japanese: SPECIAL PURPOSE CARDS: Redemption Program Cards.
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/52-rari ... index.html
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.