Dry Cereal Project

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Tue May 23, 2006 9:37 pm

maybe this summer. I have been SO busy this semester. My final project for my microcontroller course is:

http://instruct1.cit.cornell.edu/course ... index.html

This project was also VERY cool. We spent countless hours in the lab with this team:

http://instruct1.cit.cornell.edu/course ... %20476.htm

There is a movie of it's flight.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Tue May 23, 2006 10:21 pm

dry cereal wrote:maybe this summer. I have been SO busy this semester. My final project for my microcontroller course is:

http://instruct1.cit.cornell.edu/course ... index.html

This project was also VERY cool. We spent countless hours in the lab with this team:

http://instruct1.cit.cornell.edu/course ... %20476.htm

There is a movie of it's flight.
Well I still think the card sorter would have be beyond cool, but the team you worked with in the lab has an incredible project. Their's actually has possible military application to it for many levels. I'd be interested to see how the stabilization works when an outside force is applied on it, such as a lateral wind, updraft, or downdraft.

If the implementation seems solid, you can have full scale helos with finer control of all directional movement. Scaled down you could have unmanned probes for surveillance or small weapons armament. For example, send in a small hover probe with a fletchette mini gun into an area prior to troop deployment. Simple heat sensors could be used to target living beings for weapons fire. Cool stuff here.

dry cereal

Post by dry cereal » Tue May 23, 2006 10:26 pm

yeah, I agree. One problem was the power supply was way to heavy for the copter, so it was attached with wires and couldn't really fly for long. The z-axis accelerometer was goofy, and it would stabilize well, but would reach the end of its tether, then kind of fall. [/i]

The problem with the card sorter was I really wanted to do that, and my partner really wanted to do a beatbox, so we compromized on this.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Wed May 24, 2006 6:33 pm

This could just be a scaling problem. Batteries are inherently much heavier in ratio comparison to an internal combustion engine. Hence, this is why internal combustion cars are still used primarily over electric vehicles, and is just one of many reasons there are. I still think that although the lab guys had issues, the principle is there and given refinement could end up making them VERY rich. Note: This is the point you need to seal club those guys and steal their idea.

dry cereal

Post by dry cereal » Fri May 26, 2006 8:34 am

there is a guy at my school who's entire MENG project is to get an autonomous helicopter to rise, do a summersault, and land. That is a rediculously difficult problem...

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Post by AXIOS » Fri May 26, 2006 8:23 pm

was hoping to see a picture of you and your team.... .
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted