Trading Etiquette for Global Set Collectors

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Plastered_Dragon
Librarities Legend

Trading Etiquette for Global Set Collectors

Post by Plastered_Dragon » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:12 am

I just posted an article on the Stone Rain Project about pursuing multiple lines of inquiry when looking for cards for a global set. I'm curious as to how people feel about that, etiquette-wise?

The basic thrust of the article is that most of the people who contact me, I never hear from again. Leads dry up every day. And so if a guy says "I'll try to find X for you." that doesn't stop me from looking on my own or making deals with other people for X. Is that unethical or unfair? Potentially when the guy gets back to me, I may no longer need what he has found.

Note: I do not do this once money has changed hands or once someone has made a concrete agreement to send me something that they have on hand or can definitely get in short order (such arrangements are reflected on the SRP site as 'on order').

What do you think? Am I being a jerk? Or is it fair to say that when pursuing a global set, you have to send out multiple feelers, and occasionally you will get multiple donors?
-- Plastered_Dragon -- A.K.A. Chuck Seggelin
* The Stone Rain Project v2.0 * My Blog *

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:42 pm

i see nothing wrong. Apparently it works :P

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:44 pm

Perfectly fair and acceptable.

pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master

Post by pickle.69 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:20 pm

Well I also very often have bought cards whcihc where sopposed to be A in the end they where from an other edition or language, so with time I have gathered doubles of varios version.
therfor I am thinking in moving the set to a global set of playsets.
And if a guy promissed me to get one and after 6 mounth arrives ans says I have found it for you, I would buy it, as he maybe wasted a lot of his time in finding it only because of me.
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506