My stepmother hates Magic: the Gathering

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

normalbrains
Librarities Member

an idea

Post by normalbrains » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:03 am

send her a christmas card next year with demonic tutor, unholy strength (the orginal art), and grinning demon tucked inside.

texsue57

Post by texsue57 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:19 am

You could put an Infernal Spawn of Infernal Spawn of Evil in. I'd prefer not to lose $10 in cards.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:09 am

You don't need to lose real cards. Just make a color copy of the best. With a big collection you can make it as large as you like.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:19 am

And Lord of the Pit.

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Re: an idea

Post by Dilligaf » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:54 am

normalbrains wrote:send her a christmas card next year with demonic tutor, unholy strength (the orginal art), and grinning demon tucked inside.
One of the guys from the Texasmagicleague.com forums sent her some of the White cards.. IE Holy Day, Righteousness, and some other religious-goody ones.

She thanked him, but still said its an evil game.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Post by AXIOS » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:43 am

Xanatos wrote:And Lord of the Pit.
contract from below, demonic attorney and the other demonic ante card
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

Big Games Supply

Re: an idea

Post by Big Games Supply » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:43 pm

Dilligaf wrote:
normalbrains wrote:send her a christmas card next year with demonic tutor, unholy strength (the orginal art), and grinning demon tucked inside.
One of the guys from the Texasmagicleague.com forums sent her some of the White cards.. IE Holy Day, Righteousness, and some other religious-goody ones.

She thanked him, but still said its an evil game.
I thought about doing that, however, I do believe that she would still say it is evil.

oh well

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Post by AXIOS » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:54 pm

give her an anal probe :P
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

Plastered_Dragon
Librarities Legend

Post by Plastered_Dragon » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:05 pm

Wow, Big Games, I'm sorry man. As an atheist, I can relate to being shunned for my religious beliefs (or rather, lack thereof) but it's really hard if you are being pushed away by members of your own family.

If I were you I would remind your M.I.L. that Jesus teaches to "hate the sin, love the sinner", and that by pushing away her own family she is not behaving as Christ would want her to. Tell her you feel the characterization of M:tG as "evil" is completely baseless, but that you respect her right to believe that, and there is no reason you can't still be a family simply because your beliefs are different from hers.

Perhaps you could come to a simple agreement that when she is around, the cards are put away?

Good luck, you have my sympathies. :'-(

texsue57

Post by texsue57 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:06 pm

Plastered_Dragon wrote:Wow, Big Games, I'm sorry man. As an atheist, I can relate to being shunned for my religious beliefs (or rather, lack thereof) but it's really hard if you are being pushed away by members of your own family.

If I were you I would remind your M.I.L. that Jesus teaches to "hate the sin, love the sinner", and that by pushing away her own family she is not behaving as Christ would want her to. Tell her you feel the characterization of M:tG as "evil" is completely baseless, but that you respect her right to believe that, and there is no reason you can't still be a family simply because your beliefs are different from hers.

Perhaps you could come to a simple agreement that when she is around, the cards are put away?

Good luck, you have my sympathies. :'-(
Seriously, I wouldn't entertain her. See my first post for the reasons why.

She's obviously driving you away and will almost certainly do the same with your sister. It sucks, but patience is the best way to deal with the problem. :'-( When she does, you can build a relationship with her. You're both still young, so you have time. But yeah, it sucks badly to have to wait. :'-(