who's popular here?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

who's popular here?

Post by TerraFrost » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:11 pm

ende73 wrote, in another thread, "I'm already rather unpopular for other reasons"...

so that makes me wonder - who all here is popular / unpopular?  i think dry_cereal may be one of the most popular people here (or not here, as is currently the case), personally.
BLACK LOTUS DONATIONS NEEDED!

CURRENT COUNT: 0

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Re: who's popular here?

Post by ende73 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:33 am

If anybody's wondering, I posted that phrase under some emotional stress  :P following a "quarrel" I had with dragsamou elsewhere, to which member dilligaf among others (if I recall correctly) justly reacted saying we were being childish.

Since dragsamou's and my combined age is sadly 72 and not 20 (I hope drags doesn't mind me posting this, but it's no secret if you click on our profile  ;)), we just contacted each other privately and went completely over it.
Please note my change in e-mail (check profile)

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:39 am

Well, i'd say i'm average. Some people like me, others [proabably] hate me. Simple, no?
I collect foils and FBB Base Sets. PM me.

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Post by Dilligaf » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:40 am

i dont think ive been here long enough to be liked or disliked.. but i would like to believe that i have made some friends here at the least, basing that on the msgs i get and IM invites i get.

i do tend to be sarcastic and dry witted.. so if i have, or in the future, offended anyone, i apologise.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

Big Games Supply

Post by Big Games Supply » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:33 am

I am viewed in a multipul of ways here.

Because I do magic as a business, it is assumed that I am looking to gouge people in trades for my magic rarities collection.  Perhaps some think that I only trade for rarities to resell.  Whatever the case, I have been a collector and player of magic for many years.  And I reached a point where trying to collect playsets of all magic was too easy a task.

I therefore went to the next step.  I started to collect promos.  That took me much longer.  And I found it to be much more fulfilling.  Since I have been more active in this site, I have found more and more to collect.  I can see where this may never end for me.  Considering how many languages magic is printed in.

I started magic as a hobby, turned it into a life long ambition and my primary source of income.  But, I am a collector and player first.  I swear, the next person who assumes that when we ingage in a trade, I plan to gouge them, I will have a fit.  I don't do ebay, cardshark, or magic traders.  I don't have a website to sell.  I conduct all my business with local stores here and I want to stay true to them by not encouraging them to go online.  (which will eventually kill local stores, imo )

People here see me as a opinionated person, one who sometimes writes before thinking.  And perhaps, "old fasioned" in my views.  I am, so shoot me.  I was raised by my grandparrents and was tought the values of "turn of the century" America.

I have a large amount of children for this post-planned parenthood era, because I am not so selfish to put my comfort and finances above the existance of my "future" children.

I believe that business and free enterprise combined with Christian morality is the backbone of a great society.

And I believe that once you get to know me.  You will see me as more that just a nut case.   :P

You will see me as a friend.

James

EDIT:I also want to add that many smooth trades have happened here as well.  And I will be making a post to thank them all for trusting me in this way.

For now, thanks for making me feel welcome.

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:56 pm

I'm the money grubbing little punk.

I think.

Not really sure.

But I do know that I AM lazy, so there.

Gryfalia (posting this from work, of course)
He's just this guy, ya know?

coolio
Librarities Legend

Post by coolio » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:49 am

I have a large amount of children for this post-planned parenthood era, because I am not so selfish to put my comfort and finances above the existance of my "future" children.

so long as my taxes arent feeding and clothing your kids, have as many as you want..

I believe that business and free enterprise combined with Christian morality is the backbone of a great society.
yeah.. look at us now.. post 2000-2002 and the worst bankruptcies in history..
lovely free enterprise and GREAT christian morality we got there....

lastly.. i c u have this lovely idea that quantity of post here is quality, never been the case.. has been amusing seeing all your posts tho.. got damn good chuckles outta most of them [smiley=ok.gif] [smiley=ok.gif] always thought we needed a jester around here..

©

Big Games Supply

Post by Big Games Supply » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:24 am

so long as my taxes arent feeding and clothing your kids, have as many as you want..

lastly.. i c u have this lovely idea that quantity of post here is quality, never been the case.. has been amusing seeing all your posts tho.. got damn good chuckles outta most of them [smiley=ok.gif] [smiley=ok.gif] always thought we needed a jester around here..

©

OOOOOOO, someone decided to attack.  Hmmm.  

Well, let me be a little more childish for you.

I have more Magic cards that you do.  Na Na Na boo boo!

You can get in line to see, but no special treatment, you must pay admission like everyone else.  ;)

p.s. I use my own money for lifes expences, I home school, and I still have time to chew you out.  I am super dad!!

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:39 pm

©

In my humble opinion, that's the kind of uncalled and unnecessarily offensive Post I'd like to be censored  [smiley=veryangry.gif]

If normalbrains's Post in Drakaina's Topic met that reaction, this one should lead to civil war  [smiley=dissappointed.gif] [smiley=dissappointed.gif] [smiley=dissappointed.gif]
Please note my change in e-mail (check profile)

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:00 pm

*Barges in, firing a rifle into the air*

Everybody down!

Now that were all quiet, please don't start a war, k?

*Safes the rifle, and walks out*

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:20 pm

coolio: I think I need not elaborate why your post was provocative, offensive, and disruptive to the community. If you wish to discuss differences between your point of view and MagicRumorMill's, you may do so, but not in this thread and not in this manner.

Thanks for MagicRumorMill for refraining from counterattacking.

Big Games Supply

Post by Big Games Supply » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:11 pm

coolio: I think I need not elaborate why your post was provocative, offensive, and disruptive to the community. If you wish to discuss differences between your point of view and MagicRumorMill's, you may do so, but not in this thread and not in this manner.

Thanks for MagicRumorMill for refraining from counterattacking.
Your welcome.  I like this site too much to make it a zoo (again). :-[ :-[ :-[

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

Post by TerraFrost » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:54 am

let's get back to the topic at hand!

i think drakaina's probably pretty popular, too.  probably more so than me, heh (not that i know if i'm really all that popular or not)
BLACK LOTUS DONATIONS NEEDED!

CURRENT COUNT: 0

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:34 am

let's get back to the topic at hand!

i think drakaina's probably pretty popular, too.  probably more so than me, heh (not that i know if i'm really all that popular or not)
She's a woman in a realm of men. She doesnt count!  [smiley=laugh.gif]

lordsilver

Post by lordsilver » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:41 pm

I wonder whatever happened to that lordsilver guy... now he was a cool charater.