who's popular here?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Re: who's popular here?

Post by AXIOS » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:34 pm

I wonder whatever happened to that lordsilver guy... now he was a cool charater.

AAAAARRGGH,

Lesson number one in etiquette:

never say from yourself that you are a cool character!!!

when i click on your name i see this:

Name:        secretgiant
Position:      Junior Member
Date Registered:      26. Nov 2004 at 04:09
AIM:      lordsilverdnd
YIM:      lordsilver2k3 lordsilver2k3
Email:      lordsilverdnd@yahoo.com

;)
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

Big Games Supply

Post by Big Games Supply » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:13 pm

I wonder whatever happened to that lordsilver guy... now he was a cool charater.
Real funny, man.

Name:  secretgiant
Position:  Junior Member  
Date Registered:  Nov 26th, 2004, 4:09am
AIM:  lordsilverdnd
YIM:   lordsilver2k3
Email:  lordsilverdnd@yahoo.com

lol

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:44 pm

In defense of coolio’s earlier post, MagicRumorMill's (MRM) initial post seemed more than the topic necessitated.   He was the one that threw in God, country and kids as attempted justification for his past actions, actions which ruffled quite a few feathers (including mine).

As somewhat "extreme" collectors, we are all dealers of a sort.  I did not know, or care, that MRM is a professional dealer.  That is not something that would influence my interactions with him.  What has influenced my impression of him is his type-A, egocentric attitude toward the forum and its members.  He is the only member who ever PMed me, out of the blue, asking for items I had never mentioned having or wanting (some might consider it spamming me).  Other members are courteous enough to post their desires in a want list, which I can review and respond to at my discretion.  I have enough high-energy, highly competitive interactions in real life.  At least for me, this forum, and more generally my collecting pursuits, are supposed to be a form of relaxation.

MRM will never endear himself to me by quantity of posts.  Nor will he do so with copycat posts like the one above.  Axios’ post regarding secretgiant was straightforward.  All MRM’s follow-up did was add space.  When his posts are intelligent, witty, or informational, they will get my attention.
Where have all the Magic sticker sets gone?

Big Games Supply

Post by Big Games Supply » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:56 pm

Regarding my last post, I did not see axios post because I neglected to see that there was a page two.

I did not see axios post until just now.  If you would like me to delete it, I will.

Ralph: I am tempted to retaliate on this one.  I really hate this hate.

AXIOS

Post by AXIOS » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:27 pm

IF i were a mod, this certainly would be a topic that had a close eye of me.

guys, these topics are dangerous as you can see why.
With these topics, troubles are gonna surface, plz lets not start all over again!
Fungusaur legend

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

Post by TerraFrost » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:21 am

the unpopular bit in my orig. post may have been problematic, but i think splitting topics (if that's do'able in YaBB) should be considered before closing them...
BLACK LOTUS DONATIONS NEEDED!

CURRENT COUNT: 0

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:48 am

I agree, dry cereal is pretty popular.   [smiley=ok.gif]
I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:40 am

I agree, dry cereal is pretty popular.   [smiley=ok.gif]
and so humble too...  ;D ;D

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:46 am

In defense of coolio’s earlier post, MagicRumorMill's (MRM) initial post seemed more than the topic necessitated.   He was the one that threw in God, country and kids as attempted justification for his past actions, actions which ruffled quite a few feathers (including mine).

As somewhat "extreme" collectors, we are all dealers of a sort.  I did not know, or care, that MRM is a professional dealer.  That is not something that would influence my interactions with him.  What has influenced my impression of him is his type-A, egocentric attitude toward the forum and its members.  He is the only member who ever PMed me, out of the blue, asking for items I had never mentioned having or wanting (some might consider it spamming me).  Other members are courteous enough to post their desires in a want list, which I can review and respond to at my discretion.  I have enough high-energy, highly competitive interactions in real life.  At least for me, this forum, and more generally my collecting pursuits, are supposed to be a form of relaxation.

MRM will never endear himself to me by quantity of posts.  Nor will he do so with copycat posts like the one above.  Axios’ post regarding secretgiant was straightforward.  All MRM’s follow-up did was add space.  When his posts are intelligent, witty, or informational, they will get my attention.
I agree very much with what you said above Hammr7.  In regards to this individual you are referencing here, he did the same to me and worse.  He asked me to trade with him one time and had no, I would not trade with him.  Then out of the blue, I receive a PM asking if I had certain cards.  Not to be impolite, I replied and said that some of those cards I did have.  Next he asks me if I would trade them to him.  And I replied back saying of course not, and I had told him before I would not.  So, then he next goes and writes me back calling me names and such for not trading with him.  Previous to this, I was unsure if this individual was male or female, adult or child - but after this action, it was not an adult reply, so I have decided that this individual is no more than a spoiled child, and I would not waste any time with such a spoiled child.

In regards to Coolio's post further above, I was not going to respond to it, but since I have made this response, I will add to it.
I agree fully with what Coolio said.  Was it appropriate or inappropriate, I won't get into that, but I agree with his sentiments and his words.

Reading Ralph's response to Coolio, I may be correct or incorrect with this next statement, but I think it may have something to do with it.
The cultures and identies of different countries and continents is different, of course - however, one thing I think needs to be remembered is that Europeans and North Americans have grown up with some differences that may not always be easily identifable or remembered.  One such thing, is access to the Internet.  Many European communities are of course very old, and wiring can be a problem, yadda, yadda, and as a result, the internet can be interesting, but also somewhat limited in use - either by time or space.  In N.A., we are much newer, and many of our homes are built with high speed internet access, 24 hours/7 days. Many homes have no limitations on their internet access, such as myself (at work, well that is another story).  The same is true with people's attitudes. More and more North Americans are getting tired and upset of the "me,me" or "I deserve" idealism.  If you want it, you can get it - there are so many opportunities available.  Perhaps you might have to move or change your thinking, but it is available.  In Europe, since it is so much older, the same chances may not be there, and Europeans have grown up with a different concept of what to expect (or what should be expected) than North Americans.  Again, no big deal, its just the way of the culture and each ones part of the world.  In many ways, the MRM issues in some ways might be acceptable in some cultures because of this.  But for myself, and many others in the North American cultures (including members here), these actions are not acceptable, and these actions can be deemed quite rude.  The "me,me", "I deserve" and "my rights" people are getting quite tiresome to read and hear about, especially in my area of the world.  To read/hear a "member" on here acting like this is quite disappointing - especially when so many (if not most) other members almost always appear to be on the up and up, and appear to be genuinely good people.
Oct 30, away until further notice

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:37 am

This discussion about general differences in North American and European cultures, or maybe ways of seeing things, is quite interesting and silver.paladin brought it up quite well.

However, while I can understand (though not necessarily agree) that you dislike certain attitudes of MRM, I really can't understand how you can defend coolio as a consequence. His post was simply wrong, useless and negative under any perspective (as are about 90% of his posts both here and on MOTL in my opinion  [smiley=dissappointed.gif]) and you have to acknowledge that in any case.
Please note my change in e-mail (check profile)

sylvanstu
Librarities Legend

Post by sylvanstu » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:52 pm

I think spartan65 is the most popular guy to me but i'm partial to him he's my son.  [smiley=smartass.gif]
Collector of one of each Armageddon printed.

AXIOS

Post by AXIOS » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:42 pm

The most popular guy here is:

Ralph Herold.

If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't even have this site anymore!
So we should all be very thankfull to him and pronounce him the most popular guy, so this topic is solved an can be closed! ;)
Fungusaur legend

coolio
Librarities Legend

Post by coolio » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:28 pm

However, while I can understand (though not necessarily agree) that you dislike certain attitudes of MRM, I really can't understand how you can defend coolio as a consequence. His post was simply wrong, useless and negative under any perspective (as are about 90% of his posts both here and on MOTL in my opinion  [smiley=dissappointed.gif]) and you have to acknowledge that in any case.
90%?  you seem to have a v high opinion of yourself compared to me, useless and negative?  this is my 83rd post here.. 90% hrmm? can u find 72 negative, useless, or simply wrong posts from me here? No, you cannot, you are the one spewing worthless, wrong and unfounded accusations here.

have to acknowledge that in any case?  did I give u karma warnings way back when and you are carrying a grudge or something?

as for my posts being useless,  negative, and wrong under ANY perspective, you have an extremely narrow perspective.. broaden your horizons a bit hrm?

©

Big Games Supply

Post by Big Games Supply » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:34 pm

I agree, completely with AXIOS.

Ralph, thank you for such a detailed site.

I would also like to take this time to run off my short list of good traders here, which also is indicative of their popularity to me.

Ralph Harold
Celebrindor
Sylvanstu
mahdishain
rg
AXIOS
Windseeker
dragsamou
themike314
RMayor
Dilllgaf
mintcollector
l0qii
pickle.69

Regardless of my sometimes strange posts, they trusted me to trade with.  For this, I am eternally greatful.

Thank you guys.  It means alot.

James

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:41 pm

90%?  you seem to have a v high opinion of yourself compared to me, useless and negative?  this is my 83rd post here.. 90% hrmm? can u find 72 negative, useless, or simply wrong posts from me here? No, you cannot, you are the one spewing worthless, wrong and unfounded accusations here.

have to acknowledge that in any case?  did I give u karma warnings way back when and you are carrying a grudge or something?

as for my posts being useless,  negative, and wrong under ANY perspective, you have an extremely narrow perspective.. broaden your horizons a bit hrm?

©
Chill, dude.

Topic Closed?
I collect foils and FBB Base Sets. PM me.