What non-magic ccgs are you into?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Big Games Supply

What non-magic ccgs are you into?

Post by Big Games Supply » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:54 pm

I know how hard it is just to collect magic, but does anyone here collect/play avidly, anyother collectable card games?

As for me, I am the National Champion for Harry Potter ( I really hate that wizards killed it ).

I also play alot of WWE Raw Deal.  Personally, I don't care for the show, but I think this game has very good game mechanics and plays well.  Alot of depth.  I was very unsure when the game came out if I would like it, but once you get over the rude names, it is alot of fun.

Anyone else?

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Re: What non-magic ccgs are you into?

Post by AXIOS » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:26 pm

As for me, I am the National Champion for Harry Potter ( I really hate that wizards killed it ).
Are you Jltoolman??

;) ;) ;)

i;m only hooked on collecting magic
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:53 pm

I don't"collect" any others, but have bought enough to play these 2 games:

Monty Python & the Holy Grail card game. A GREAT 2 person game, is extremely stupid & funny to the point where I'd recommend buying a box to play it. Good luck finding it anywhere, though.

Chez Geek (and its offshoot sets) by Steve Jackson Games. A VERY FUNNY group game, esp. w/ 4-6 people & alcohol... it is not a CCG per say, but for each deck of cards it is $15 or less, & is hands down the best way to waste time. I've had an absolute blast playing this game.

sylvanstu
Librarities Legend

Post by sylvanstu » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:33 pm

i have full set of the original Wyvern I love all the dragons whelps and wyvern pics i will eventually get the expansions [smiley=ok.gif]
Collector of one of each Armageddon printed.

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

Re: What non-magic ccgs are you into?i

Post by TerraFrost » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:25 am

before MTG, i collected Decipher's ST:CCG.  i amounted quite a nice collection - two future enterprises, a box of unopened limited premiere edition booster packs, etc - but that CCG has since depreciated in value, greatly, and i've lost interest.
BLACK LOTUS DONATIONS NEEDED!

CURRENT COUNT: 0

Muldoon
Legendary Dragon Whelp Master

Post by Muldoon » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:18 am

I like some different "worthless" ccgs like the "lands" in star of the guardians, all guardians cards, the first edition galactic empires cards, and i like opening boosters from "new" old dead cardgames. I also like the first base set in pokemon, after playing a few games with cards from it... The other sets and expansions are yuck, though. I also like some fantasy art cards, like everway :) Anyone got any everway chase foils thingies cards? I only have one, out of i think 6...
Collecting Dragon Whelps! A/FBB/FWB/Summer/Alt4th/IE/TS/Test/Misprinted wanted!

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:28 am

I collect the Decipher Star Wars cards, though I don't really know how play - I'm just a big Star Wars fan.

On the day that it came out (a Mirrodin Block draft night, if I recall), everyone in the store I go to bought a starter of the Simpsons CCG, and played, so I have some of them somewhere.  Its actually surprisingly fun (and a bit similar to Magic - we found severl 'P9 equivalent' cards, and a few turn-1 wins and infinite combos).

A few weeks ago my friends got tired of losing to me in Magic, so they taught me Pokemon, and now I play (but dont collect) that too...

themike314
Librarities Legend

Post by themike314 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:03 am

I have tons of Jyhad/V:TES and Rage; some Pokemon; a little bit of Harry Potter and Wyvern; and a smattering of a few others.

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Post by flatmatt » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:26 am

I don't play or collect any other TCGs (though I did buy a few of the Star Trek CCG back in like 4th grade, but never actually played a game.)  I do, however, play HeroClix with a few of my friends.

RMayor
Librarities Legend

Post by RMayor » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:44 am

I collected NFL Showdown till Wizards killed that game also.   >:(

But the game did get me a trip for 2 to Hawaii , so my wife was happy.   :D

I'm still top 5 (in rankings) in the World  however !!

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:04 am

I think this question has cropped up before, a while back.
I don't play any other ccg's or collect the cards. I did once have a fun time playing Overpower at a con, and I played in a few Rage demos back in the day. I have some Jyhad and Spellfire, but I never played.
Apathy House
Price Looker-Upper:Guide to Fake Cards:Vintage Ad Gallery
Looking for scans of any mtg ads! HELP!

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:54 pm

Besides M:TG, I also collected Decipher's Star Wars and have the first 3 sets in pack mint condition.  I only collected though and never played.  It's Star Wars after all.  I also was big into FASA's Battletech CCG and have the first 3 sets of that in pack-mnt and also have tons of the spares to play with.  Great game, and it is a shame it did not catch on more.  I also tried the Shadowrun CCG game, but gave up quickly on it.  

As far as CCGs that is it.  Now I do have many card games beyond that though.

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

Post by TerraFrost » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:31 am

I think this question has cropped up before, a while back.
I don't play any other ccg's or collect the cards. I did once have a fun time playing Overpower at a con, and I played in a few Rage demos back in the day. I have some Jyhad and Spellfire, but I never played.
you're right - it has:

http://www.magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yab ... 1083084166

although that said, that thread was hard for even me to find.  i looked at all my previous posts from my profile, and searched within them (using my browser - not the search engine) for "star trek".

perhapes that thread (and this thread, as time progresses) ought to be moved to the member information forum?
BLACK LOTUS DONATIONS NEEDED!

CURRENT COUNT: 0

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:24 am

Probably a good idea.

btw, I also have a bunch of Star Wars CCG cards from the first limited edition. I forgot about those. I played a few times when I had a roomie that was really into it, but not since.
perhapes that thread (and this thread, as time progresses) ought to be moved to the member information forum?
Apathy House
Price Looker-Upper:Guide to Fake Cards:Vintage Ad Gallery
Looking for scans of any mtg ads! HELP!

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:58 pm

I used to play On The Edge, Decipher's Star Wars, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail.  The only one that I have many cards from is On the Edge, which really does have very good game play -- it's just not very well known.  On The Edge came out really close to the time of Magic and had some interesting ideas which Magic later picked up (the Licids is the only thing I can think of right now but I know that there are others).