keeping track of your collection?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

phyconaut
Librarities Member

keeping track of your collection?

Post by phyconaut » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:13 pm

its in the title? how do you people do it do you use a computer? large alphbetical sorted boxes? im curiouse cuse i need organization badly for my collection.
Current projects
Icy Manipulator Global set
The Mountain Project (Oficial name comming soon)
links for lists comming soon.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:15 pm

Do you mean keeping track of what you have or being able to find it?

or both?

phyconaut
Librarities Member

Post by phyconaut » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:27 pm

keeping track of both what you have and what you need.

on a side note what are those sleves that poeple use to dubble sleve cards? i can fins one that will fit inside of other sleves.
Current projects

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Post by AXIOS » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:59 pm

phyconaut wrote:

on a side note what are those sleves that poeple use to dubble sleve cards? i can fins one that will fit inside of other sleves.
jikes, and i thought that me and bigfatkitty were the only two who are allowed to post replies when drunk.............
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:13 pm

Do you mean what are commonly called 'penny sleeves'? They tend to be $1.00 for 100 (hence the name). They are very slick (hard to play a deck with them on), but they fit easily inside hard top loaders..

Of course, Ultra-Pro sleeves fit well in top loaders too, so.

Gryfalia

bigfatkitty
Legendary Overweight Cat Warrior

Post by bigfatkitty » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:04 am

AXIOS wrote: jikes, and i thought that me and bigfatkitty were the only two who are allowed to post replies when drunk.............
I'm drinking right now....cheers! :D

Everything is alphabetical by type.
Solitary Member of Dragsamou's 'Dirty Frenchie' Fan Club.
Worshiped by all Netherlandians.

Big Games Supply

Post by Big Games Supply » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:23 am

I have 4 4row boxes of rares alphabetised and by color and set in order all sleeved in pennys. I have one 4 row of uncommons and 2 4rows of commons for each set from the dark forward. Also completely sorted though only the uncommons are sleeved therein.

There is a 2 row box for "yet to sort" and "deconstructed deck grave yard". When I am lazy, this grows into a 4 row. lol

My personal promos are in 5 binders in order acording to this site.

Hope that helps.

James

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:43 am

i have a box I made out of posterboard with all my crimps in it. I have a 300 count box i gutted of corregatedness so it could fit top loaders full of misprints. I have a 2-row full of top loaders half empty, half full with better cards. I have a big trunk from when I went to sleepaway camp full of cards in boxes organized by set and color I wish never to see again until a random card from them gets hot, in which case I ravage it for all copies of that card. I have 2 closets, one with a box of magazines and empty display and starter boxes, and the other full of random mtg crap like prototype figures of sengir vampire and shadowmage infiltrator, a bunch of cut-out diaramas I made, and a ton of other junk including like 2 sets of every mtg crappy comic ever made. Then on the floor I keep boxes of stuff that isn't quite good, isn't quite garbage, isn't quite old, isn't quite new, and I have no clue what to do with (note this comprises the bulk of my collection). Then spread on the floor I have a path of crap not in boxes because I'm a slob. I have another box full of 4-ofs of all the cards I may make a deck out of someday but probably wont because I like those cards minty. All in all, I have a vague clue of what I own, and whenever I go home for break and look at my collection it's like christmas.

phyconaut
Librarities Member

Post by phyconaut » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:07 am

now for the final questin *tosses sake bottle away* where to whole sale order penny sleeves and top loaders? *burp* thats all folks
Current projects

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:54 am

This isn't wholesale, but my favorite place to buy sleeves and toploaders is:

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/

Their prices are generally very good. You can buy 0.37 cent sleeves instead of penny sleeves!

Archivist
Librarities Legend

Post by Archivist » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:46 am

psrex wrote:This isn't wholesale, but my favorite place to buy sleeves and toploaders is:

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/

Their prices are generally very good. You can buy 0.37 cent sleeves instead of penny sleeves!
That place doesn't seem too bad, as long as you buy enough to get into the discounted rate. They also have a promotion for 7.5% for orders over $75 and free shipping for orders over $100. I found about $50 worth of items I'd like, so if anyone in the Detroit area wants to split an order, let me know.

P.S. The item named "Mr. Suitcase" is hilarious for anyone that remembers the old Duelists.
Boxes: @TCGPlayer | Singles: @CardShark | Trades: @PucaTrade

bigfatkitty
Legendary Overweight Cat Warrior

Post by bigfatkitty » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:56 am

Archivist wrote:That place doesn't seem too bad, as long as you buy enough to get into the discounted rate. They also have a promotion for 7.5% for orders over $75 and free shipping for orders over $100. I found about $50 worth of items I'd like, so if anyone in the Detroit area wants to split an order, let me know.

P.S. The item named "Mr. Suitcase" is hilarious for anyone that remembers the old Duelists.
I remember Mr. Suitcase. Good times.

I agree the prices are pretty good.
Solitary Member of Dragsamou's 'Dirty Frenchie' Fan Club.
Worshiped by all Netherlandians.

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:39 pm

phyconaut wrote:now for the final questin *tosses sake bottle away* where to whole sale order penny sleeves and top loaders? *burp* thats all folks
I got mine from D&A Cardworld (dacardworld.com), and I thought their prices were good. If you need toploaders, I have a ton of extras I could give you next time I see you.

[edit]: I store my collection in binders, with cards all over the floor and tables waiting to go in or be sorted. Misc junk is in long-boxes.

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:30 pm

A place I used to get dirt-cheap deck sleeves in the past also has these pretty cheap in quantity.

http://www.dotpattern.com/supplies/card-sleeves.html

300 packs of sleeves for $102.00, shipped. So $.34 each pack of 100.

A slight warning. I got the deck sleeves DIRT cheap (something like $1.66 per package), but some of them were obviously factory-seconds (the small dot on the front wasn't in the normal place, but was instead near the middle). That was the only weird aspect of them, and I simply didn't care, so it worked out. And I have a multi-year supply..

Has been some time since I dealt with them, but they seem to still be in business.

Gryfalia

phyconaut
Librarities Member

Post by phyconaut » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:14 pm

thanks for the help guys and some time we could have our own convention and get the entire forum together.
Current projects