Wanted: Beta Black Lotus

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

normalbrains
Librarities Member

Wanted: Beta Black Lotus

Post by normalbrains » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:50 am

i sure do want a beta black lotus in great condition. i know some of you collectors have them and if you want to make my year, sell or trade one to me. send me your want list. i have good stuff. send me your asking price. i have $. i know they are expensive. just give me a chance. open your cold heart and reveal the lotus within.

if you can help, please let me know, thanks
allyn

normalbrains@yahoo.com

Celebrindor

Re: Wanted: Beta Black Lotus

Post by Celebrindor » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:25 pm

I also need one.  

On a related note, since they are not tournament legal, it seems to me like Alpha P9 is going for about the same or slightly less than beta.  Anyone else notice that?

tah

Post by tah » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:22 pm

I also need one.  

On a related note, since they are not tournament legal, it seems to me like Alpha P9 is going for about the same or slightly less than beta.  Anyone else notice that?
Alpha cards are tournament legal in opaque sleeves...
Noli turbare circulos meos.

And no, we do NOT have polar Bears in Finland

Tenacious_Dyl
Librarities Legend

Post by Tenacious_Dyl » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:26 pm

van8888: Yes I have seen this. It is kind of sad.... Alpha cards are slightly older, and the print run of alpha is at least half as small as Beta (many varying numbers exist... but around 2.5 million alpha, and around 6.5 million beta seem to be the 'popular' numbers).

So you would think that an Alpha Howling Mine even, would sell for more than a Beta one, by the numbers alone, more than twice the price of the Beta one.... however... the Beta's sell for more.

I think it is partially people not liking alpha's corners, and partially just a trend... everyone asking for 'beta's'.

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:36 pm

I never understood that either.  Actually, I understood it when they weren't tournament legal, and was sad when they became tourney-legal and thus more expensive.

But from a sheer collecting standpoint, Mint alphas are much more difficult to find.  The only explanation I can think of is that I'm in the minority of people who think that Alphas look cooler than betas.

Squt

pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master

Post by pickle.69 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:58 pm

Hi
A freind of mine trys to sell his Beta or Alpha Lotus. I have to say it  like that because it is in played to poor condition and the edges look pritty bad. I have  holden some Alpha cards over it and in some parts the corners look out in other not. I would say its a beta more than an alpha. I myself who do miss an Alpha Lotus and I realy realy want and need one did not buy it because the edges realy suck.
And he still wants 550€ for it (about 680$).
I do think the price is to  high but maybe I can get a picture of it an post it. (Sounds easyer then to describe).
If you want lmk and i`ll try to get one not until Sunday though.
I know its real as he owns several(4) and drawed them himself and sadly he still plays them somtimes without sleves.
greatings and if somebody has a Alpha(ex+) for me please please lmk

PS: I saw an Alpha PSA 9 Lotus sell for $3500 and know that the buyer realy payed for it. Lets see how high this one will be going:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... %3AIT&rd=1
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506

pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master

Post by pickle.69 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:07 pm

Alphas look cooler than betas.

Squt
Alpha is the Holy Grail of magic editions  ;D ;D
I`m missing 32 (3p9) if somebody can help me go ahead and lmk

And Squt thanks for the S-Chinese 5th  oR: Shivan Dragon again
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506

normalbrains
Librarities Member

Post by normalbrains » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:23 pm

pickle69- what alphas do you still need? id like a scan of the lotus if you can get me one.

van8888- dont get on my post and ask for the same thing im looking for.

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:35 pm

Remmber- a steady hand & a good sharp object can turn a beta card into an alpha one. But it can't be done the other way around. The moment Alpha becomes worth more is the day you'll see more "fakes" in this sense.

But you all are correct, Alpha is more difficult to come by. I've bought, sold, & traded more A/B cards than 99.99% of the players out there, & I can't tell you how many people flat out don't want alpha (usually to play) because it looks different.

I am also much further behind in finishing my NM alpha set than I am beta. No surprise there. I'll go get my scissors...