value of Collector's Edition

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Re: Collector's Edition

Post by mintcollector » Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:40 am

I have also noticed that simply by traveling to different regions card prices fluctuate drastically.  This is probably due to the local meta-game.  Occasionally it is nice to find what is valued low in one area and take to an area where it is valued high.  

Tenacious_Dyl
Librarities Legend

Post by Tenacious_Dyl » Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:51 am

Back to the topic of collectors' edition....

The auction for the sealed box, which Lord_of_Llanowar helped me out with :-), was at $63.00 recently (last night).

I checked today... and look!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=49189

$365.05 !!!

With only one more bid than the day before... personally, I think the last bidder made a big mistake (aside from bidding on an item I would like to own, hehehe). Why jump from 63.00 to 365.05?!?! Might as well put it around 70.00, so if people try to outbid you, and you win at the last minute, you at least have a chance of getting it cheaper... sigh.

What do you think?

Take Care,
Dylan I.

sylvanstu
Librarities Legend

Post by sylvanstu » Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:12 am

the reason it jumped that hi is someone who had the bid at 65 bid was at least 360.00 and he needed to bid higher to beat it
Collector of one of each Armageddon printed.

Lord_of_Llanowar

Post by Lord_of_Llanowar » Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:21 am

Back to the topic of collectors' edition....

The auction for the sealed box, which Lord_of_Llanowar helped me out with :-), was at $63.00 recently (last night).

I checked today... and look!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=49189

$365.05 !!!

With only one more bid than the day before... personally, I think the last bidder made a big mistake (aside from bidding on an item I would like to own, hehehe). Why jump from 63.00 to 365.05?!?! Might as well put it around 70.00, so if people try to outbid you, and you win at the last minute, you at least have a chance of getting it cheaper... sigh.

What do you think?

Take Care,
Dylan I.
well, the last 3 boxes i saw went for $500-$550.
even one that was open, and some cards where even damaged.

So if you really want it, and have the cash, maybe you should try for $400.

Tenacious_Dyl
Librarities Legend

Post by Tenacious_Dyl » Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:19 am

Hrm yeah... that sounds right.. I'm still waiting for a response from Pirusk, in the past he has usually given me better deals than I would find elsewere.

Back to Alpha/Beta's prices.... check this auction out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=19115
Currently $78 for *BASIC* land. I'm guessing by the time it finishes it will be around 100, that is almost a dollar a basic land. Geez.

I mean, I am obsessed with land themes in my playing decks, if in any deck all the lands aren't uniform (all signed in one deck, all  mercadian masques foils in another, all chinese BB 4th in another, etc) then I go crazy til the cards are in uniform. But still... that much for just basic land? wow.

Tenacious_Dyl
Librarities Legend

Post by Tenacious_Dyl » Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:47 pm

Hehe,
Thanks Again Lord_Of_Llanowar

I like the first one a lot ;-) You can tell it's the lowest because it doesn't have 'MTG' or 'CE' or 'Collectors' Edition' in its title. I love auctions like that....

You would be surprised the number of mis-spelled and vague titles out there.... I once saw two Tolarian Academy's going for $5 for the both included, because the title was spelled "Tolerian"... my friend Dennis also a long time ago got a Mox Pearl because it was spelled "Mox Perl"... hilarious some people.

I will have to watch the first one, wish me luck ;-)
Thanks again...

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:44 am

Yes, titles play a big key. I bought a "Black Lotos" at a great price a few months back. I also bought a "killer T1 deck" with 4 p9"s, 8 duals, & other "killer" cards for $320. I was happy.

And sticking to the original topic, the Collector's Edition & International Edition cards are going up quite a bit. I'd get a nice unopened set, & keep it that way... I think they are overpriced proxies, but hey, there's what, 5,000 of each set? Get them now.

Lord_of_Llanowar

Post by Lord_of_Llanowar » Sun Oct 05, 2003 12:29 pm

Yes, titles play a big key. I bought a "Black Lotos" at a great price a few months back. I also bought a "killer T1 deck" with 4 p9"s, 8 duals, & other "killer" cards for $320. I was happy.

And sticking to the original topic, the Collector's Edition & International Edition cards are going up quite a bit. I'd get a nice unopened set, & keep it that way... I think they are overpriced proxies, but hey, there's what, 5,000 of each set? Get them now.
There are 5000 of the international set.
and 10.000 of the domenestic set
But then to think it was used to try to make fake p9`s and stuff alot in the beginning, plus ofcourse there are always people losing it, and im sure there are a bunch lying around somewhere in a retired collectors house.

Big Games Supply

Re: value of Collector's Edition

Post by Big Games Supply » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:37 am

Were there ever any non english ce?

I know this is an old thread, but I thought someone would know this and the question is on topic.

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:58 am

Were there ever any non english ce?

I know this is an old thread, but I thought someone would know this and the question is on topic.
Have you seen the wonderful 'card sets' portion of the site?

Big Games Supply

Post by Big Games Supply » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:49 am

Have you seen the wonderful 'card sets' portion of the site?

To tell you the truth, I never really looked at that part of the site too much.  Silly me.  You know, I never knew that the Championship decks did not come in other languages.  I just assumed.  Interesting.  Sorry about the post if it was a waste.  Well, at least it advertizes the "card sets" portion of the site.  Thanks Celebrindor.