Fake FNM?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Fake FNM?

Post by equi-nox76 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:19 am

dragsamou wrote:
equi-nox76 wrote:Hi Alexis,

Do you have a spare Deep Analysis FNM and Hedge Troll release?

Because yesterday I've received 4 Deep Analysis and 4 Hedge Trolls from an Ebay-Member. Having these cards in my hand I had a bad feeling about them, so I compared them with other foils and I think these cards are all counterfeits because of following reasons:
- After the bend test of a Deep Analysis the card was creased
- The cards have another foiling (or does someone know that for FNM cards a new foiling method has been intruduced) and I think they have another pixeling too (maybe just because of my mistrust).

I would like to compare them with copies from which I know that they are real.

Chris
Hi Chris.
I never heard about Fakes FNM,please post in the Inquiries Forum,I'm interested at Members opinions.I do not have any Extras.Thanks.Alexis.
Hi Members,

might be someone heard about that, has one, thinks she/he has one, can help?

Chris

PS I confronted the Ebayer with my doubts, I'm waiting for his response.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:38 am

Hi Chris.
Please send me scans,I will compare them to the ones of my Collection ;-)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:56 am

Foil cards are not suitable for a bend test and will crease. All foil promo cards, to my knowledge, have the same printing pattern as regular Magic cards. The Release Event promos have a specific foiling technique applied to them which sets them apart visually from regular foils. The FNM foils should not show any odd effects. In which way does your FNM foil card differ from a normal one?

equi-nox76

Fake FNM?

Post by equi-nox76 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:01 pm

@Alexis: I'll scan the 2 cards in the weekend.
@Ralph: it's another "feeling" (somewhat rougher), I compared the Deep Analysis with the Firebold FNM and the Hedge Troll with a Sudden shock Release FOIL and the foiling and printing does not look the same to me (because of that I'm buying of each one some copies in Ebay to compare).

This all makes no sence to me, since these cards ar not worth very much, but the seller sold them in playsets for approximately 20 Dollar the playset before they were released. So in case that he sold many playsets it would be worth it though! :-/

I'm looking forward for his answer...
Chris

Spectral_bears
Librarities Hero

Post by Spectral_bears » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:04 pm

My FNM Deep Analysis also seems "different" from my other FNM foils. I have 2 and they are both a bit darker looking than my other blue FNM foils. One was won and the other came from a trade. I dont know if that helps but I know at least one of mine is real and I highly trust the other one and they do look rather different from my other FNM foils in my collection.

equi-nox76

Fake FNM?

Post by equi-nox76 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:02 pm

The seller told me that the 4 cards were won on a FNM on the Philippines and that he is a honest Ebay seller. Since I bought more than one promo from him in the past I do believe him. And since it seems that he won them himself and not got them from third persons I would say they are authentic promo’s, but they are really looking different to me though, this is very frustrating for me because although they could be real I’ve doubts :-(

I think I have to wait for the copies won in Germany from a FNM player. If they look the same as the ones from the Philippines I have to come to terms with the fact that they’re looking like this now. :-O

@Spectral_bears: Where do your Deep Analysis come from? Mine are also a bit darker and the pixeling is rougher.

Chris

Hi Alexis: Scan is on the way, but I don’t think that will help.

Spectral_bears
Librarities Hero

Post by Spectral_bears » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:57 pm

The one that I won came from here in Atlanta, and the one that I traded for was from Latvia. Hope that helps.

Spectral_Bears

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:35 pm

I have received a copy of the Deep Analysis FNM promo (from a German store owner). I can not confirm that is looks oddly different from my other FNM cards. I directly compared it to Fire // Ice (from the US - thank you, mintcollector). Deep Analysis looks a tad darker than Ice, but the difference is well within tolerance. Both cards feel the same when being stroked. Deep Analysis falls in line with Firebolt which also looks a tad darker than some other previous red FNM promos.

equi-nox76

No Fake

Post by equi-nox76 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:09 pm

Just to let all know: the cards were not fake, I received one from Germany, one from France and one from Belgium, all look the same,
so the seller is innocent O:-)
Chris