BETA ALFA Mox Emerald - scammer?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:32 pm

Oh yes, and for those mysterious 'others' who thought I was wrong and just let it go, I have a few questions:

1) is there some deranged 'cabal' of people who talk behind the back of others here? If so I'm glad I didn't know, because now that it seems there is...

2) If you thought I was wrong, how hard would it have been to post something to that effect, you certainly couldn't have done it with less tact than mintcollector. Instead it seems you prefer to talk behind my back like some sort of gossip group?

and finally (keeping in mind that I quite clearly posted that I thought they were DIGITAL modifications that added 'fake Alpha corners' (my second post)) (Just for the record, you do realize that when I say 'fake Alpha corners', I'm not saying 'Alpha corners that don't belong on the card', I am saying 'Alpha corners that are just flat-out fake..aka manufactured using Paintshop or something...?)

3) do you really think that these are real, physical cards which were cut so amazingly poorly that he/she left obvious mis-matches in the cards? (Bottom left edge comes to mind). It's relatively hard to fake an alpha corner well, but it's way easy to not screw up so much that corners seem attached.

Gryfalia

[Edit - fixing a spelling error]
Last edited by Gryfalia on Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:25 pm

Could you people please calm down?

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:38 am

I don't know about any secret scieties - if they exist I'm not part of their inner circles. I do think arguments should try to remain factual to the subject of the thread. Casting aspersions against a member who is honestly trying to contribute (and not be a pest) is, in my opinion, a poor reflection on the person making the remark. Its the old saying, "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all".

As for the cards, I've seen corners that bad. Sometimes on well worn cards, or when someone butchers an attempt to turn Beta into Alpha. Thats where my possibility of an ink job came in (assuming the cards even exist). The white dot makes the cards look like they are copies, but there are defects on other parts of the borders that aren't consistant.

robertweinzetl

The real issue here.

Post by robertweinzetl » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:18 pm

Arn't we loosing site of the real problem here. This guys makng money of duping someone who has no clue these cards are fake.

Robert.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:24 pm

For what it's worth, these fake cards do exist. Some scans, including a Workshop and Bazaar with alpha corners are here

http://www.kcmcomics.com/jkirk/Magic/