Prerelease Lotus Bloom without date

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Mykeatog
Librarities Hero

Post by Mykeatog » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:07 pm

Please keep us all updated.

-Mike, Troll and Toad.

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:24 pm

Maybe on some of them you have some mark. But i can do it on all of my card. 2 is enought

Saturday i'm in Amsterdam for a tournement.

++

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Test Did not work

Post by equi-nox76 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:18 am

I have done it with my spare Fungal Chambler now.

It IS possible to erase the gold (just a question of patience), BUT you can still see the mark of the date (just without ink), because the date is printed into the card.

By the way it takes a really long time to erase the gold ink and I think everybody would see that I erased the ink, so it's not possible to sell the card as an ultra rare on Ebay >:-( (just kidding ;-) )

Might be it works better with the Lotus, but I don't have a spare and after this experience I would not try it with a more expensive card.

Some more people that tried it and can report their results?

Chris

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:58 am

Yes but if you have a lok on your collection, you can see that the gold stamp is not the same for all of them.
Some of them are more marked than other !

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:02 pm

yvel wrote:Yes but if you have a lok on your collection, you can see that the gold stamp is not the same for all of them.
Some of them are more marked than other !
Hi.
So which ones?As,I double checked my complete Collection up to the latest Oros.I do even have a Misprint Fruitcake Elemental missing red ink in the "Happy Holidays 2006",but where the ink is missing,the printing of the letters and numbers is still clearly there,Meaning that the printing system has not changed over the years.Some of them are less marked,but doesn't change the fact that printing is still there even lighter.Under a magnifying glass and a 600 DPI scan,everything is showing,and if any solvant has been used it shows immediately.I will make myself the experiment to check if by rubbing gently the date for I don't know how long,you can get a Prerelease first without any Gold remaining then try to totally take off the date,as gentle as possible.To finish,I will closely check the card to see if a natural rubbing leaves the card without any traces.
Last edited by dragsamou on Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

stalker007

Post by stalker007 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:08 pm

just a ? whats the difference between the normal foil and the pre release fol besides the date on it of course.

Mykeatog
Librarities Hero

Post by Mykeatog » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:20 pm

When I had one of these in Dallas I got this question alot.

First of all there is a giant Time Spiral Logo stamped in the text box. Then, a less obvious but still pretty clear difference - it has different art.

- Mike, Troll and Toad.

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:33 am

Mykeatog wrote:When I had one of these in Dallas I got this question alot.
First of all there is a giant Time Spiral Logo stamped in the text box. Then, a less obvious but still pretty clear difference - it has different art.
- Mike, Troll and Toad.
Since I have little to do with Magic anymore, as such I do not know or recognize the art anymore - I find an even less obvious difference (but is what I use) is the asterix (or star) just before the card identification #. (I did not notice this before, but is the asterix ever hard for me to see on the Avatar of Discord)

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:05 am

I would think that if it was so easy to remove the date that there'd be a lot more "dateless" cards out there.