"Blue backed" (Cyan) Homelands cards.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

gzeiger
Librarities Legend

Re: "Blue backed" (Cyan) Homelands cards

Post by gzeiger » Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:51 pm

I would also be interested in any one of those cards. That's far more spectacular than I was expecting. PM me with a want list of some sort please.

misterpid
Legendary World's Toughest Milkman

Post by misterpid » Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:50 pm

These are very different than what I expected them to look like.  I am interested in any one of them.  Let me know what you want in exchange.

Stuart
Always looking for:
Legends Presence of the Master (English or Italian)
Dark Sorrow's Path (English or Italian)
Non-English Contract From Below.

Thrond
Librarities Legend

Post by Thrond » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:27 pm

Some times ago, a guy offered on this site a bunch of misprint. There was a School of the unseen from Alliances, which look exactly like these ones, but in the face, not the back.

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:53 pm

I'd like one as well.

apocalypse chime preferred, but not picky.
I can't believe I ate the whole thing

tah

Post by tah » Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:00 pm

I put these on trade. Can be found in http://www.magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yab ... 1086773518
Noli turbare circulos meos.

And no, we do NOT have polar Bears in Finland

tah

Post by tah » Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:19 pm

Complete miscolored cards (i.e. missing one or several color components) are indeed pretty rare, only a few printing sheets from time to time.

So far, I had only seen miscoloration on the front of cards (albino-cards or cards missing blue). These ones are interesting :)

Regards,
Eric.
I have to agree because after I made some questions to other people it seems that they are not so common afterall. Storeowner of biggest Finnish cardshop haven't even heard of those and he has been in business pretty long time :)

I suppose that these were distributed in one small nearby city only. And because of it's size people who are from there remember these easily. Other my playgroup fellows doesn't have any memories of these (And I live only 10 miles from that city where these are originated)

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:27 pm

They are a bit odd. I own 3 basic land from Tempest that look like those. In person, they are the only ones I've ever seen. I like them....

I also have a pink backed card, nearly all black backed card (both Tempest), as well as a vibrant orange Candelabra of Townos, all the colors on the back are screwey.

If you still have one of these Homelands cards I'm interested.

Tenacious_Dyl
Librarities Legend

Post by Tenacious_Dyl » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:00 am

fvzappa: could you possibly put up a scan of the front / back of the candelabra? It is one of my favorite cards... even if you do not trade it, I would love to see it  ;D thanks!

tah

Post by tah » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:45 am

They are a bit odd. I own 3 basic land from Tempest that look like those. In person, they are the only ones I've ever seen. I like them....

I also have a pink backed card, nearly all black backed card (both Tempest), as well as a vibrant orange Candelabra of Townos, all the colors on the back are screwey.

If you still have one of these Homelands cards I'm interested.
They are all pending now :( But I'll get back to you if I manage to arrange one for you.

fvzappa

Post by fvzappa » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:43 am

This is what the back of my Candelabra of Townos looks like: http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v13 ... elabra.jpg
I think you may enjoy seeing it. The quality of the scan makes it appear fake or homemade, but I assure you it isn't.

Muldoon
Legendary Dragon Whelp Master

Post by Muldoon » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:25 pm

Holy moly! I want that! ;D What a beauty! The printing matrix looks a bit weird though, but still... Heck, I want ANY card from that one sheet ;D Soooooo nice :D
Collecting Dragon Whelps! A/FBB/FWB/Summer/Alt4th/IE/TS/Test/Misprinted wanted!

fvzappa

Post by fvzappa » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:46 pm

That Candelabra is the only one I've seen, and most who have seen all of my misprints like it the best.

Again, the print matrix or appearance of all the dots is due to the quality of the scan. And if anyone else owns a card like this, esp. a Antiquities card, I'd love to know.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:47 pm

That Candelabra is the only one I've seen, and most who have seen all of my misprints like it the best.

Again, the print matrix or appearance of all the dots is due to the quality of the scan. And if anyone else owns a card like this, esp. a Antiquities card, I'd love to know.
Hi Keith.
Very Nice Scan,I can confirmed that I have seen another back exactely the same,I have to recall which edition/extension and which collector  ???
I will be interested to get Only one card like that,so,far,
in my Misprint Back collection,the Only Color Misprint that I have,is "Deckmaster" written in Deep Green.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

fvzappa

Post by fvzappa » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:38 pm

I am by no means the original owner of the card, hopefully you aren't thinking of the exact same card. I figure you'd remember if it was a Candelabra, though.

From whom I purchased it from he got it off of ebay from someone overseas. Apparently Dan Bock has seen it & tried desperatly to get it from him, but thankfully didn't.

Anyhow, I hope to see another one at some point. Or better yet, I hope there are no others.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:47 pm

I am by no means the original owner of the card, hopefully you aren't thinking of the exact same card. I figure you'd remember if it was a Candelabra, though.

From whom I purchased it from he got it off of ebay from someone overseas. Apparently Dan Bock has seen it & tried desperatly to get it from him, but thankfully didn't.

Anyhow, I hope to see another one at some point. Or better yet, I hope there are no others.
Hi Keith.
At the time,I have a look at that Back,I was really not into Misprint,and like any other Misprint,I just recall the Misprint itself much more than the card itself.Now,that you mentioned Dan,I definately remember the auction on Ebay from long time ago,that confirmed the case,that's in fact it's the Same card and therefore a Unique one,for the moment ;) :)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.