Square corner miscuts

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

jro

Square corner miscuts

Post by jro » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:50 am

Playing draft today, the players at my local store opened some packs of Champions of Kamigawa with a few cards that had square cut corners. All the miscut cards were common. How rare is this kind of miscut? I've seen square corners mentioned before as something that can happen, but nothing on how frequent an error this is. Is there anyone that collects these and would be interested in them? How much would such a miscut be worth? Here is a scan of one of them. You can see that the right edge has square corners.

secretgiant
Librarities Hero

Post by secretgiant » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:17 am

They are very rare. However, I have seen many CHK with squares, so I believe it to be more common there than in other sets. Cards can have any number of squared corners. Unlike some of the older sets (i.e. Revised), the square cut cards aren't worth too much, but you can get $4-7a piece for junk commons.

How many others were pulled?
My username was lordsilver, but it displayed as secretgiant. I am the same user.
My gallery without updates: http://photobucket.com/albums/b260/secr ... ?start=all

jro

Post by jro » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:11 am

Apparently, they've been pulling them all week from the boxes of Champions opened at the store recently. The best of the lot was a Sakura-Tribe Elder. The person who opened it wasn't interested in trading it, though. I was thinking of offering him a Twincast I had just opened for it.

By the way, what makes these errors occur? Are these cards from the edge of a sheet or something?

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:24 pm

They simply were not cut right. With a gluttony of these showing up in your area, these will not fetch too much $$, unless one of someone's favorite card appears like that. I've paid anywhere from $1 for a garbage card (Elephant Grass) to $50 (foil Radiant, Archangel). Too bad the rares aren't like that in CHK.