Empty Sealed CHK Tourny Pack *Updated*

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

lordsilver

Empty Sealed CHK Tourny Pack *Updated*

Post by lordsilver » Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:15 am

I got one of these as a prize in a draft.  It is sealed, but no cards inside (extremely light).  The employee offered me a new one but I kept the empty instead.  Are these very rare or valuable?

**Edit:   E-mail from Customer Service**

From: &nbsp;"Johnson, Luke" <Luke.Johnson@wizards.com> &nbsp;
Date: &nbsp;2004/12/01 Wed AM 10:13:03 EST
To: &nbsp;<robby@silverdb.com>
Subject: &nbsp;RE: Empty

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Move To: &nbsp;(Choose Folder) SentMail Trash &nbsp;

Hello--

It would be very helpful if you could reply with the code found on the white
sticker affixed to the tournament pack box. &nbsp;This will allow us to track down
where the problem occurred and see if we can keep the error from happening
again.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Luke
Product Fulfillment Coordinator
Wizards Customer Service
*PLEASE QUOTE THIS E-MAIL IN ANY REPLY*

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2004 7:51 PM
To: Wizards Customer Service
Subject: Empty

Hey I have a Champions of Kamigawa Tournament Pack that still has the
shrinkwrap on it, but there are no cards in it (the box is empty). &nbsp;A few
people I have talked to have recommended I tell you about it, since they don't
recall it ever happening. &nbsp;I am not interested in a replacement; I want to keep
the one I have. &nbsp;I may be able to to allow you inspect it, if you would like.

Thank you.

Celebrindor

Re: Empty Sealed CHK Tourny Pack

Post by Celebrindor » Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:55 am

I've never heard of anything like this before. &nbsp;Are you absolutely sure the seal isnt broken in any way?

I might be interested in picking this up, just to see what *is* inside. &nbsp;Do you hear anything moving around when you shake it?

lordsilver

Post by lordsilver » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:54 am

If you have an empty Champions tournament pack hanging around, pick it up. &nbsp;Now, shake it a little bit. &nbsp;If you hear nothing, and it weighs almost nothing, then your empty tournament pack is just like mine, except that mine is still sealed in the plastic wrapping. &nbsp;It is definately sealed. &nbsp;;D

If anyone knows of a place where people might be interested in it, please direct me.

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:55 pm

cool, send it my way ;)
I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:00 am

WotC is likely interested, because they would want to know how the QC missed an obvious error. &nbsp;

Gryfalia
He's just this guy, ya know?

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:50 am

I got one of these as a prize in a draft.  It is sealed, but no cards inside (extremely light).  The employee offered me a new one but I kept the empty instead.  Are these very rare or valuable?
I've come across a couple of these before, Ice Age and Weatherlight I think it was. &nbsp;What I was told at the time, is that it was just a problem with the machine that did the packaging. Either (a) the package was misaligned, and therefore the cards missed going into the package, but it was sealed anyways or (b) when a set of cards on the conveyor belt was meant to be packaged, that there was a blank spot on the belt - probably because somebody had picked up a set of cards to examine it for quality control and did not put it back down in time before the conveyor reached the packaging machine, and so it was just air that was sealed in the packge, no cards. &nbsp;The sealant machine is supposed to know if the package has the right weight in the packages or not, so as to therefore pass the package to the next machine, or to pass it off the conveyor line.
Oct 30, away until further notice

lordsilver

Post by lordsilver » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:26 am

I would contact WOTC about, but I tried sending a mail to them in the ASK WIZARDS portion, got no reply nor was I a featured mail on their site.

How can I bring this to their attention?

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:49 pm

I would contact WOTC about, but I tried sending a mail to them in the ASK WIZARDS portion, got no reply nor was I a featured mail on their site.

How can I bring this to their attention?
"ask Wizards" is worthless. &nbsp;I am almost sure they make the questions up, to answer issues they think people have.

Send your email to: custserv@wizards.com (thats where I sent to when my MPR token arrived damaged.)

lordsilver

Re: Empty Sealed CHK Tourny Pack *Updated*

Post by lordsilver » Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:47 pm

Edit on first post :)