Time Spiral Wall Clock

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Time Spiral Wall Clock

Post by l0qii » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:08 am

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Post by Dilligaf » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:10 am

ACD is Alliance Distributors.

They do something special every release for retailers who order X amount of product.

Coldsnap was a countdown counter clock (I think, but it may have been Dissension)

Ravnica was a nice fabric banner

It is always something neat, but meh.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

Rainsford
Librarities Legend

Post by Rainsford » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:57 am

ACD is ACD. Alliance Distribution is Alliance Distribution.

Alliance Distribution is the largest hobby game industry distributor. ACD is the second largest (but Alliance is much larger.)

(I'm just clarifying the distributor names.)

Best regards,

Rainsford

BillyThrill

Post by BillyThrill » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:21 am

I saw the clock as well when it was first posted. I figured it was a cool item, but I didn't want to blow cash on something non-sanctioned by WOTC... I could make one myself if I wanted it so bad :)

rick21n
Librarities Legend

Post by rick21n » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:49 pm

BillyThrill wrote:I saw the clock as well when it was first posted. I figured it was a cool item, but I didn't want to blow cash on something non-sanctioned by WOTC... I could make one myself if I wanted it so bad :)
Most of the the stuff that Alliance is giving as bonuses to vendors who buy XX product are approved by WOTC. This has been going on for a few sets now and WOTC would have stopped them by now if they didnt approve as the Neon Signs and Countdown Clocks have the WOTC and MTG logos all over them.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:25 pm

rick21n wrote: Most of the the stuff that Alliance is giving as bonuses to vendors who buy XX product are approved by WOTC. This has been going on for a few sets now
Since they are not cards, they probably don't belong on this site, but is anyone out there cataloging these items and when they are released?

How much is XX product?

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:45 pm

I have been trying to catalog as many of the promotional giveaways as possible, but it is really difficult from a distance. I don't buy bulk, or unopened product (or new cards for that matter).

There have been all sorts of MTG related items approved by Wizards going back at least 10 years. Most fall into one of two categories.

- Large Items (posters, banners, expensive clothing, 2-D and 3-D product displays) that were designed for use in stores selling Magic cards. Some of these were available to store owners for free, some could be purchased, and some were awarded as prizes and incentives. Examples include large banners for each set (in two or three different variations), the original uncut Arena sheets, uncut Vanguard sheets, A jester's cap embroidered denim jacket, a customized chalkboard (for scoring local tournaments), the big 9 x 12 card displays, and the Magic neon signs. There are dozens of similar items. Many of these are obscure, regional offerings and distribution was one per retailer or less. The clock likely fits into this category. Some were actually giveaways to Wizards employees that found their way into the secondary market.

- Smaller items (pins, deck and card boxes, life counters, t-shirts, pens and pads of paper, etc.) that were available for resale or for giveaways and awards to customers. These were being offered well before the pre-release and promo cards became standard. Many are still being offered regionally. An example is the large variety of enamel (cloisonné) pins offered by a few wholesalers in the Western US.

Ralph started collecting some information on these when he began documenting awards at major tournaments. The site upgrade has listings for these types of items, although the details haven't yet been developed.

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:09 pm

Yeah, I got 2 of these clocks from ACD. I would sell one in a heartbeat for $50..;-)

But the spare (one is the store clock) is listed in my store at $35..hehe.

They are fun tho, people walk by and then stop and come back and look again..