Magic Statues

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Magic Statues

Post by dry cereal » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:40 pm

I find a whole lot of interesting magic stuff on ebay that I am not going to bid on.  I figured this is a good place to notify people of them and share info on wierd things.  That way we can discuss what they are, and fill people in so they can buy them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... tegory=218

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=19108

I knew about the serra and the shivan, didnt know about the spirit link..  i wonder how many others they made.

also, concerning the MTG figurines, I found this site about the company who made them as well as a full list.

http://www.gothtech.com/SoL/hb-mtg.htm

This will also allow us to bid on things in foreign languages because we can alert people of what we find in our respective language.  For example, I can't read japanese, but I'm sure there is cool stuff on japanese ebay.
I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Re: ebay finds

Post by Ralph Herold » Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:33 pm

dry_cereal: There are four different statues. The fourth one is Hurloon Minotaur, but I am not completely sure. I could look this up, though.
The miniature list is an excellent discovery! This part of Magic items is badly documented.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:16 am

Ralph: You are correct on the fourth statue.  We used to have a WOTC store in a very large shopping mall by me (Woodfield Mall) and they carried these statues.  They were pretty pricey and never really sold.  This was sad as I was looking forward to other statues coming out like Orgg, or Dakmor Sorceress.

Lord_of_Llanowar

Post by Lord_of_Llanowar » Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:15 am

i have also seen a pic af a juzam djin, but this could have been a fake

berserk

Post by berserk » Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:01 am

Me too, i seem to remember there being a Juzam statue?

DragonStab

Post by DragonStab » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:45 pm

There are only the four statues mentioned that I know of.

I have all four of them.

The Shivan Dragon is really impressive.

The Spirit Link one is beautiful with real feathers for hair.

The Serra Angel one is nice too.

The Hurloon Minotaur is really nicely detailed and impressive looking also.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:45 pm

The WOTC by me did not have a Juzaam statue.  Not saying it does not exist, I am just saying all other 4 were in the store.  I know as I would have bought a Juzaam statue if I saw one.
:)

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:34 am

I recall seeing an advertisement for the Juzam, but never actually saw one.
This does remind me though, a few months (maybe a year) ago, someone started up a thread about some new statues that were going to be released, along with a special promotional card with the statues.  Does this ring a bell?  And if so, what is the status with it?  I remember that there was 1 or 2 red statues/cards, so I have been waiting to see them.
Oct 30, away until further notice

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:29 am

I recall I have seen a picture of four Magic statues (or maybe action figures) in a collector's magazine for action figures a long time ago. One of them was the Juzam Djinn. Unfortunately, these four figures were never produced.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:19 pm

dragonstab:  Nice avatar.  I have a better looking "War Walker" gif that looks much cleaner if you want.  You have your email address hidden. otherwise I would have just sent it to you.  If you are ineterested in it, drop me an email.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:26 am

Hi drycereal
Happy that you find the Misprint Link to Ebay....But please,don't put links,relating to Common Stuff,this is
Magic Rarities not  Junk Crapies ;)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:11 am

As Dragsamou pointed out with those links above, this is a forum that deals with MtG Rarities/promotional items.
Unfortunately as it appears to me (and disagree with me if you want), all these recent additions of badges, talk of misprints and what-have-you - this is diluting the website from its true intent and purpose -- to be a location to find/see/talk about Magic Rarities and promo cards that are not for sell in the normal card game world but are 'cards' (cards I repeat).

I think Ralph has done a great job in setting this site up and has done a great job in taking over from Bob - but I do have a concern.  If people are going to keep asking for more and more; and more and more stuff is brought on here that are not the original intent of this site - is Ralph going to want (or be able) to put as much good time into this site as he has already.  I sure would not want to see him get burnt out with the overload demand - and especially do not want to see it after the 6 month delay between the operation of this site and the stoppage of Bob's site.  That was a hard 6 months trying to see and find all the information in the MtG world that was going on with only the discussion forum being available.  This is a great site - don't let Ralph burn out.
Oct 30, away until further notice

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:56 am

sorry to scare you.  I didnt realize that a post about this type of stuff wasn't allowed (even though there are plenty of off-topic posts).  Also, trying to encourage people who find neat things to add to this post.

No one is worried about this becoming an avatar site, but we talk about avatars.
I dont see the harm in putting links to things I find interesting in my own forum topic.

paladin, please stop your crusade (get it??  not funny, but I couldn't help myself   ;D
I can't believe I ate the whole thing

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:55 pm

No one is worried about this becoming an avatar site, but we talk about avatars.
I dont see the harm in putting links to things I find interesting in my own forum topic.

paladin, please stop your crusade (get it??  not funny, but I couldn't help myself   ;D
Hi Drycereal.
This is not your Own Forum Topic but a General one.If I start talking about my kid,my job,etc..I'm sure Members will appreciate ;)
Since the beginning of Magic Rarities,we totally avoid to
post about something NOT RELATED to Magic Rarities.
Avatars are Related to MTG,and to this forum,since Members are using them,but Guillotine and Robo Rally,
I'm sorry....Like Pokemon and DBZ...No place here.

drycereal put some Milk in it (get it??  not funny, but I couldn't help myself   ;D[/quote]
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.