Need help with alcohol

Everything else.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

i_set_fire
Librarities Hero

Need help with alcohol

Post by i_set_fire » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:18 pm

A friend of mine only drinks one type of liquor and it is no longer available in the US. It still exists in Germany, Scotland, and a few other places in the EU, but they won't ship to the US. If anyone is able to get some and ship it my friend will gladly compensate you. He is looking for a case to make it worthwhile. It is called "cutty black" http://www.internetwines.com/rws28766.html
Thanks for any help!

Ertai's Familiar
Librarities Legend

Post by Ertai's Familiar » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:19 pm

Totes thought this was going to be an AA online meeting. :P
squt: Sweet! That's the best trade - one that doesn't cost a thing.

pickle.69: NO DRINK ON THE FUCKING TABLE

i_set_fire
Librarities Hero

Post by i_set_fire » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:42 pm

Ertai's Familiar wrote:Totes thought this was going to be an AA online meeting. :P
haha I thought the same thing after I posted it and read the title again. Perhaps my unconscious seeking help ;-)

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:50 pm

Bottle costs ~15€, do you think it's possible to simply send a case to the U.S.? Whitout declaration, or whatever?

Default User
Librarities Hero

Post by Default User » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:44 pm

I doubt that you could send alcohol without declaring it and paying taxes. I'm no expert on US tarifs, but I kind of doubt that alcohol would be exempted from them.

Also there might be quite a bit of paperwork involved. And no air transport without more paperwork. Most likely the bottles should be sent in a pressurised compartment, etc.

By ship it would take a lot longer, but the bottles should arrive in decent condition. Unless the sailors see them...

--Tuomas
Global old art Lightning Bolt collector, mainly missing fwb and Summer.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:43 am

I have noticed recently that quite a few brands of limited production Scotch have been impossible to find. All it takes is a good write-up in some trendy magazine and the entire Internet runs dry for weeks or months.

Good Luck.