You know it's good start to the day when...

Everything else.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:34 pm

berkumps wrote:I wonder if I could pursue legal action against McDonald's for making their coffee "too flowable"?
"too flowable" may be hard to measure or prove. However, the fact that it left stains indicates there is something in it that is damaging to your health. Just think, it may be staining your insides and obviously that could have future effects such as birth defects, alzheimer's or even poor vision. Is the container properly labled with a warning.

"Caution, spilling this on Magic cards may reduce their value or cause them to be considered misprints...."

"You know who"

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:02 am

Ouch!

Reminds me of the time I was sorting out some cards and they fell of the table onto the carpet, I wheeled back my wheelie chair and rolled right over some cards. Turning them over was like a lottery, land, land, goblin, mox diamond.

Fortunately I didn't rate the diamond at the time but I remember going to the craft shop to buy a flower press to see if I could straighten it out. The first time I tried I screwed it down so hard the corrugated cardboard liner of the flower press left even more ridges on the card. Then I wet the card slightly and pressed without the cardboard. It seemed to work so I got it damp again and repeated the process several times but it never recovered. Now it is slightly larger than all my other cards, and I dare say a little thinner.

We banned drinks from the table after an incident involving orange juice, that sort of sticky never comes off.

caquaa
Librarities Legend

Post by caquaa » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:35 am

If you steam up some cloth and put the card on a hard surface you can potentially iron out wrinkles. Its hit or miss, and the card isn't the same after of course. Wouldn't try it on foils tho.

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:36 pm

I've done the chair thing a couple times. Let's just say that the card stacks around my computer chair aren't exactly the best plans ever.

Thankfully we're moving to a new home and I'll have 'the card room' so such things will be far less likely...
He's just this guy, ya know?

Ertai's Familiar
Librarities Legend

Post by Ertai's Familiar » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:03 am

pickle.69 wrote:NO DRINK ON THE FUCKING TABLE
This! This! This!

We had a rule, beer on the table means you serve everyone else beer for the rest of the evening.
squt: Sweet! That's the best trade - one that doesn't cost a thing.

pickle.69: NO DRINK ON THE FUCKING TABLE