Goodbye

Everything else.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

me-and_we
Librarities Legend

Goodbye

Post by me-and_we » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:40 pm

Well, this topic may be kinda sad but I feel like I have to do this.

For now I say goodbye to all of you, I don't know for how long, I don't even know if I will ever return to the game at all.
I have sold the majority of my worthy cards by now with only the cards left wich have sentimental value for me (which would be my wb German FoWs and other wb stuff I have, some Japanese stuff, a still uncompleted japo 4th bb set and some Alphas in NM cond.)

It really was a pleasure to stroll around this site and being able to contribute a little (I hope it helped a bit drags, though it wasn't a lot)

I'm doing this because I neither got the time nor the interest to continue collecting MtG. My interest dropped with the release of Time Spiral and the sets following, as the game moved away too much from the game I learned to love in 1993. Yes I started in the US with some Alphas and Betas my cousin had, back then there was really something magical to the game, the cards had this distinct ancient look and the game had something mysterious. In my opinion, allthough I love Anime and Manga, the game moved too much in this direction.

And then there is the $, during the last years of collecting I could finance this by buying and selling cards, now it get's harder as profits become smaller and it seems like the new people entering the market are not that much interested in foreign or rare stuff as before.

Last but not least there's the speed WotC is releasing new sets, which sort of becomes YuGi-Oh like. I mean, don't you too miss the time when there was 3 sets per year? I do. And don't you think the mass of promos released is becoming insane? Again, I do.

Well, probably I will start again in a few moths/years and then I will be sure to return to this site. Until then I wish you good luck for your trading.

Cheers
Marcel

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:50 am

Hi Marcel.
Sorry to hear that, but I perfectely understand.Anyway, you are welcome to come back anytime.In between, I'm sure that the Phantom of the Opera
will be haunting this board and still will scared some Members :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.