Visiting Tokyo & Kyoto in October - need store advise!

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Faustgeist

Visiting Tokyo & Kyoto in October - need store advise!

Post by Faustgeist » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:58 pm

Greetings everyone,

I will be in Japan this October (in three weeks) and would love to find the better, hidden, or otherwise well inventoried Magic stores.

I know Yellow Submarine, and would prefer to find better priced shops - if possible. :)

Akhiba changes sooo much, anything left there? Elsewhere?

Thanks a million!
~Robin
My local MtG Group :
ColumbiaMagicLeague.com

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:05 am

Sounds like fun! Be sure to post the adventure when you get back.

I have bumped into a couple of sellers on eBay who are from Japan who might know of a couple of decent places but not sure where abouts they are, I will find out for you.

PS, so...what is your luggage allowance for the return trip...think you will have any space? No reason, just asking... :) :-D

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:44 pm

OK, all of the following are what you are looking for and can be reached using the JR Yamanote Line. In (train station) alphabetical order:

Akihabara:
- Amenity Dream
- Akikkokukan (aka 2nd Hand Garage) Not as good as it used to be, but you can still find cards for real cheap here!
- e-Mulan
- Yellow Submarine Listed for everyone's sake, this store has a great selection of singles and sealed stuff!
I never knew about the Big Magic or Card World stores in Akiba, so I recommend checking them out.

Ikebukuro:
- Amenity Dream
- Hobby Station
There is a large Big Magic store here.

Shibuya:
- Shibuya Mint You can drink while playing here. I have pictures of this place in the LGS-brag thread.
- not on the Wizards website, but there is(was?) a store here owned/operated by a World Champion (IIRC). here is a map and a street view of the entrance (building entrance behind the woman); the card shop is on the 6th floor.

Takadanobaba:
- Happy MTG aka Saito's Card Shop, also "Hallelujah" to locals. Supposed to have the largest selection of cards in Tokyo. Does not have the best customer service in Tokyo.

I have not visited a game store in Kyoto.

If you happen to pick up some Yanoman 9-pocket pages while in Tokyo/Kyoto, I'd be happy to reimburse you for price plus shipping.

Clay