GenCon 2013 and hooking up

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp, hammr7, l0qii

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:42 pm

I'm really looking forward to seeing some of you again and some of your for the first time--it was great the last two years.

Knowing that it won't fit all, Lets try this.

Lets meet at 6:30PM on Thursday at Champs in the Merriot. I think the exhibit hall closes at 5 or 6 PM so that should give those that can make it time to get there.

Whoever can meet then can decide if we would like to get together again sometime during the convention and anyone that can't meet at that time can contact me for their preferences if we do set another meeting.

7-1-9 3*5*1 3*4*9*9

This is a strawman and wide open to input/suggestions/whatever.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Blood
Librarities Hero
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: PA
Contact:

Post by Blood » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:18 pm

As long as my event is finished I will be there. Had great time last year. Jason

OriginalMagicArt
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:37 pm
Contact:

Post by OriginalMagicArt » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:28 am

Sounds good! I will definitely try to be there.

vegas10
Librarities Hero
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:11 am
Location: Indiana

Post by vegas10 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:51 am

I'll def try to make it

OriginalMagicArt
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:37 pm
Contact:

Post by OriginalMagicArt » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:14 pm

In case any of you are going to be in Indy on ednesday, GatherMagic is hosting an event at ilroys starting at 8pm.

Free food and drink and custom tokens by Eric Klug. Sounds like a pretty awesome time and I was looking for something to do on wednesday night.

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:05 pm

OriginalMagicArt wrote:In case any of you are going to be in Indy on ednesday, GatherMagic is hosting an event at ilroys starting at 8pm.

Free food and drink and custom tokens by Eric Klug. Sounds like a pretty awesome time and I was looking for something to do on wednesday night.
Where?
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

RMayor
Librarities Legend
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 5:36 am
Location: Orlando Florida

Post by RMayor » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:02 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:
OriginalMagicArt wrote:In case any of you are going to be in Indy on ednesday, GatherMagic is hosting an event at ilroys starting at 8pm.

Free food and drink and custom tokens by Eric Klug. Sounds like a pretty awesome time and I was looking for something to do on wednesday night.
Where?
Here is the event info from facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/events/215154261972998/

Kilroy's Bar and Grille

OriginalMagicArt
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:37 pm
Contact:

Post by OriginalMagicArt » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:22 pm

Yeah, ilroy's on ednesday. What, you can't read cell phone?

User avatar
pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:14 pm
Location: Karlsruhe (Germany)

Post by pickle.69 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:00 pm

Hi Guys I will be available for all vintage events and will try to play the Modern and Legacy events too.
please feel free to walk up to me and I am more then willing to hang out in the evenings with soemof oyu guys,

gary I hope I will not miss you this year again!

see you in a few days richard
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506

OriginalMagicArt
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:37 pm
Contact:

Post by OriginalMagicArt » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:31 pm

Champions is on. If you're at Gen Con head on over.

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:40 pm

It was really grate seeing you all and meeting new members. Raphael found me much later and I was really glad to see him again. Prestion is the new owner of Cardhaus and his booth kind of became a collecting point for collectors, Saw some awesome cards that some of these folks have, double prints, test prints, and one really neat taped card (and of course my memory fails me as to who has it... Sorry, please forgive me). In any case I wish I could have just hung out there.

Hope to see even more of you next year.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5612
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:18 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:and one really neat taped card (and of course my memory fails me as to who has it... Sorry, please forgive me).
Gary
Hi Gary
Can you translate, I'm not fluent in Korean :-D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Blood
Librarities Hero
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: PA
Contact:

Post by Blood » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:43 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:It was really grate seeing you all and meeting new members. Raphael found me much later and I was really glad to see him again. Prestion is the new owner of Cardhaus and his booth kind of became a collecting point for collectors, Saw some awesome cards that some of these folks have, double prints, test prints, and one really neat taped card (and of course my memory fails me as to who has it... Sorry, please forgive me). In any case I wish I could have just hung out there.

Hope to see even more of you next year.

Gary
Great time seeing you again Gary. Glad to meet pickle and his friends also. Is it to early to start counting down to gencon next year? Jason

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:07 am
Location: Nowhere, IL

Post by Gryfalia » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:30 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:It was really grate seeing you all and meeting new members. Raphael found me much later and I was really glad to see him again. Prestion is the new owner of Cardhaus and his booth kind of became a collecting point for collectors, Saw some awesome cards that some of these folks have, double prints, test prints, and one really neat taped card (and of course my memory fails me as to who has it... Sorry, please forgive me). In any case I wish I could have just hung out there.

Hope to see even more of you next year.

Gary
Was good to see you out on the floor, tho not in Magic related things.. then I saw Peter soon afterwards in Shula's..;-)
Owner, Gryfalia's Aerie
Bloomington, Illinois' only full-line Game Store
www.gryfaliasaerie.com

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:36 pm

If I owe any of you anything, like it seems I told one of you I'd send something. Please remind me who and what.

I have had a health issue that really sapped my energy so I have not gotten on the board, or done much of anything else with Magic the last couple weeks.

I know I have postal due outs to 4 or 5 people from before Gen Con. Those people don't need to contact me (Ceser, Nicolas, Markus, Mark).

Again, great to grin and grip with yall.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests