GP Nagoya

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

kalimno
Librarities Legend

Post by kalimno » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:56 pm

If what I see on the photo is the whole line, that is nothing. It must have been at least 5 times of that at any given time. It is Aleksi Briclot after all.

The guy that drew Planeswalkers, Angels, Titans and all... And let alone the popularity of the cards, he is one of the best illustrators in my opinion.

I like Jason Chan too (Have you seen his Gatecrash Orzhov Angel illustration ???).

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:02 pm

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:The line was a 4 hour wait to get 8 cards signed.
Clay
Yes the lines sometimes get crazy at signings. I remember I waited in line for over 4 hours at GP Chicago years ago for Alexander. It was worth the wait. Jason

Thanos
Librarities Member

Post by Thanos » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:28 pm

4 hour waits, you can thank the dealers that hand artists stacks of cards and want an alter on each one for that.

kalimno
Librarities Legend

Post by kalimno » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:35 pm

Thanos wrote:4 hour waits, you can thank the dealers that hand artists stacks of cards and want an alter on each one for that.
Yes, and most artists don't do alters on events anymore because of that. Even the amount of cards that an artist signs is limited. And some people think only about having a card signed so that they can sell for a little bit of extra cash.

But what I see is that Play Mat sketches and binder sketches take a lot of time if artists do that. And they charge for those. So that is mostly personal stuff, rather than dealerware.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:58 am

Thanos wrote:Please, that's nothing.
when the line reformed, I was number 63.

The comment about the number between us was for the chance that maybe Apoc might have noticed me in line.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:36 am

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:I did get my 2 APs signed, and will post pics of those soon.
Clay