Storage of your collections

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:34 pm

For those people using binders to store cards, do you sleeve your cards?

Magic61983
Librarities Legend

Post by Magic61983 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:37 pm

I have my angel collection in binders and all the cards are in perfect fit sleeves prior to entering the binder.
BGS 9+ Alpha set 282/295 (97.29%) Avg 9.41
BGS 9.5+ Beta set 283/302 (93.71%) Avg 9.58
BGS 9.5+ Arabian set 35/92 (38.04%) Avg 9.62
BGS 9.5+ Antiquities set 82/100 (82%) Avg 9.64
BGS 9.5+ Legends set 279/310 (90.00%) Avg 9.61

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Post by CHaPuZaS » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:50 pm

psrex wrote:For those people using binders to store cards, do you sleeve your cards?
Yes, I always put my cards in Perfect Size KMC Sleeves.

markers
Legendary Signed Card collector

Post by markers » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:23 am

psrex wrote:For those people using binders to store cards, do you sleeve your cards?
Yes all cards in all binders are sleeved.

- Altered cards are double sleeved
- All Alpha and Beta cards are double sleeved
Signed card collector

Alpha - AL, ST, EX, UD, REV, UNL, LO & MO: 100% signed
Grand Total signed cards: >43'000

I have a Youtube Channel

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:45 pm

For the binders that I mentioned previously on this thread, I looked at all of the descriptions online and I was worried that the Vario binders would be too small for 9-pocket pages. I ended up ordering a binder meant for Vario pages and one meant for Grande pages and found that the Vario binders are in fact a perfect size. I've now ordered a case of Ultra Pro side-load 9-pocket pages, a bunch of perfect fits and a number of Vario binders. I'm in the process of loading my main collection into the binders, and they look great. I'll have to post some pictures once I'm further along.

For a reminder, these are the binders that I can heartily recommended:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290825822489?ss ... 1423.l2649

I haven't fully loaded a binder with pages yet (at least with cards in the pages), but once I do I can report on how many pages will fit in a single binder. I suspect that it will hold about 70 pages per binder.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:42 am

All my albums are Grande size, but that's just because I wanted them to match the albums I keep my banknotes in.

I think I have some Vario sized ones somewhere so I will check them out. The only problem I am having is that the albums I can get hold of are four ring binders and the only UltraPro 9 pocket pages I can get in Australia seem to be the 3 hole pages. I have looked online, checked eBay and checked out comic shops. No 11 hole pages to be found.

My old collections have just turned up from the UK and to save weight and space for the voyage I dumped the old folders (Cheap rubbish). I now have a ton of pages, all three holed, and no where to get decent binders for them. I was thinking of taking them out of the old pages and just getting some new pages but now all this talk of double sleeving and side opening pockets has made me pause for thought.

Not even sure how double sleeving would work, do you have two different sized sleeves, one fitting inside the other (probably upside down) and then both fitting into a pocket?

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:00 am

Here's a quick video on sleeving and a water test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAdU4q0lSlo

I'm using just the Ultra Pro Pro-Fits and not actually double-sleeving. I'm just using Pro-Fits for my high value sets. I couldn't bear the thought of putting tight-fitting sleeves on 15,000 cards.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:13 am

Thanks for the link. I will have to get some of those for sure. I checked to see what I have in storage but other than 400 of the deck protectors and some flimsy ones I haven't got any that tight.

EBay in Australia doesn't seem to have much in the way of options, only one seller but I guess that is all you need.

I am heading off to the UK in July and I know I can get 11 hole 9 pocket pages over there so I will pick up a few packs and ship them over.

What is the difference between the Ultra-Pro Platinum and Silver pages? Last time I bought any there was only one type available.