Looking to expand my business...

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Looking to expand my business...

Post by Dilligaf » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:38 am

I'm looking to expand my small local card business onto the intarwebz0r sometime in the next few months and I've noticed that many sites singles pages are set up almost exactly the same way.

does anyone know what software/plugin these sites are using? I've tried contacting the person behind findmagiccards.com, where most of these sites are listed, but to no response.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

Archivist
Librarities Legend

Post by Archivist » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:07 am

Any sites listed off findmagiccards.com are part of their network, hosted on the same server, and share the same basic construction - only a few tweaks to the skin.
Findmagiccards says it lists "the prices and inventory of Vendors around the net", but really only lists those it hosts.

There is an open source system called "ZenCart Store" (http://www.zen-cart.com/). I haven't used it, but it seems very popular. My hosting company is quite good and offers Zen as a one-click install. If you need hosting as well, let me know, I have referrel codes that will knock some bucks off the 1st year.
Boxes: @TCGPlayer | Singles: @CardShark | Trades: @PucaTrade