Group Buy for Booster Boxes!

Everything else about trading. Specific Magiclibrarities Hero and Legends Permanent Lists and Legends External Links.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Group Buy for Booster Boxes!

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:53 am

I touched upon this in another thread but in order not to derail it I thought I would start a new topic!

Group buy is something we do at Silver Stackers http://forums.silverstackers.com/index.php, basically the more silver coins you buy from a dealer in one transaction the greater the discount.

However most small time stackers can never get enough money to qualify for the discount, or they only want one coin for their collection.

So we join together and put in a massive order between us. This means someone who can only afford one coin gets the same discount as the bigger players.

This would translate well for Magic collectors, booster collectors who only need 3 or 5 boosters for a set have to buy them individually at inflated prices and often have difficulties finding them. If they find a box for sale they end up with 31+ spares so any savings by having a lower unit cost are swallowed up by having boosters left sitting on the shelf

However if enough of them got together they could afford to buy a box and split it between them. This means that one person does not have to take all the risk paying for a whole box, the people involved in the buy pay the exact amount without paying any middleman fees.

Of course, everyone would share the cost of postage to the first of the buyers who would then split the box and charge exact cost for postage to the other buyers.

Probably of little use for new realease English languages, but older expansions or foreign editions, might be worth it.

Just a thought but if any dealers have any boxes they want to sell and have problems getting the price they want, it might not hurt to try a group buy. Same goes for anyone seeing a box on an auction site which they can't afford to buy outright.