New wrong Picture misprint

Information about new Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

New wrong Picture misprint

Post by squt » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:01 pm

I'm not the first to mention this (Volcannon was), but now that I actually have one of the decks, I'm pretty damn excited about it.

For years, there have only been 9 cards in magic printed with the wrong picture: Serra Angel/Time Elemental, Sedge Troll/Mana Barbs, Skeleton/Swamp, Plains/Forest, El Hajjaj/Warp Artifact, Janor's Ring/Alladin's Ring, Burrowing/Strip Mine, and Reality Ripple/Shaper Guildmage (tjhe most recent one).

There have been some foil cards printed in Chinese with the wrong card text, but never a complete card with just the wrong art...not since Mirage.

But now there is.

In the U/W Coldsnap Pre-con, in Japanese, they printed the art of Ice Age's snow-covered island on a non-snow (regular) island. There are at least 3 in every deck (maybe 4, depending on if the art distribution is random - i got 4 of each of the other two island arts and 3 misprints in the deck I bought).

As far as I know, this is a Japanese-only phenomenon (the English decks sure don't have this art). In theory, there may be a foil version of this island out there.

Anyone else notice this 'head' island in your non-english U/W pre-cons?

MP

arctanx

Post by arctanx » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:19 am

you mean that they printed a normal island with the old, original snow covered island picture like this?

It's from an english precon that I bought in Germany and I thought that this is a common misprint. Even magiccards.info has this picture

oracle_of_truth
Librarities Hero

Post by oracle_of_truth » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:44 am

Afaik all languages are affected, there has been a discussion about this on the Wizards boards, when Coldsnap was released.

sk1
Librarities Legend

Post by sk1 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:54 am

For years, there have only been 9 cards in magic printed with the wrong picture: Serra Angel/Time Elemental, Sedge Troll/Mana Barbs, Skeleton/Swamp, Plains/Forest, El Hajjaj/Warp Artifact, Janor's Ring/Alladin's Ring, Burrowing/Strip Mine, and Reality Ripple/Shaper Guildmage (tjhe most recent one).
What about the Revised Serendib Efreet with the Arabian Nights Ifh-Biff Efreet artwork on it?

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:23 pm

Thanks SK1 - I knew I forgot one - the most obvious one!

Anyway - thanks for getting me straight on this, guys! I have the english pre-con, but I didn't remember seeing this island in it - I will have to go back and check now!

Squt

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:41 pm

I think it was for all of them, which means you'll have to get -every single language- that coldsnap was printed in.