Still looking for Grim Lavamancer artist proofs, especially 1 more Torment one

Everything else about trading. Specific Magiclibrarities Hero and Legends Permanent Lists and Legends External Links.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member

Still looking for Grim Lavamancer artist proofs, especially 1 more Torment one

Post by LandDestroyer » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:45 am

Hey everyone.

I completed the global playset project a couple years ago but have waited on making a big update post b/c I'm still trying to get some more proofs.

I have 3 torment proofs but would like a 4th.
I have 1 m12 proof and am interested in 3 more, same with the judge promo proof.
I'm good on archenemy proofs.

I quit my job and am going back to school so don't buy much anymore (should sell off some stuff) but am still interested in these and obstinate familiars.

Thanks,

Christopher

BillBo
Legendary Land Lord

Re: Still looking for Grim Lavamancer artist proofs, especially 1 more Torment one

Post by BillBo » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:48 pm

While I have none to offer, I'm responding so that you know a few still read posts here.

Most of the action seems to have moved to various fb groups; if you're not yet a member of those, I'd recommend you post your wish list here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/887791474568080/

Good luck finding what you're looking for!

Cheers, Bernd
I collect land cards, just that.
My want list: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=9128

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Re: Still looking for Grim Lavamancer artist proofs, especially 1 more Torment one

Post by cataclysm80 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:07 am

I agree with Bernd.

I didn't know you were still looking for proofs though, I thought you'd completed everything.
I think you know where all the M12 proofs are don't you? I seem to recall that one person had all of them, and it was difficult to get the one you have.

Knutsen
Legendary Old Card Frame Enthusiast

Post by Knutsen » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:38 am

Also I can’t offer any of the APs - great to see, that there a still more readers to follow the forum. :)

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member

Post by LandDestroyer » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:53 am

Thanks for the responses.

1) Yup, been a member of the misprint fb group for years :)
2) Yes, he still owns most of the m12 proofs. He originally hooked me up with 1. I think he has since started selling a few of them but at a much higher price. I completed the global playset project of cards but I have a stretch goal of getting 4 of each proofs.
3) Heh, yup I still check here. But then again I still check MOTL too haha http://forums.magictraders.com/Ultimate.cgi

My Grim Lavamancer collection consists of:
Torment: A playset (4) of Torment ones, both foil and non-foil in all 9 languages. So 4x2x9. Plus 6 crimps, 3 artist proofs. Then some extras.
M12: A playset (4) of Magic 2012 ones, both foil and non-foil in all 11 languages. So 4x2x1. Plus 1 or more crimps, 1 artist proof. Maybe some other stuff, I forget.
Fire and lightning: 4 of these foils, 4 sealed F&L decks, 12 of the back "ink error" plus extras. I don't think proofs exist.
Judge promo: Own 4 of these foils plus 1 proof. These don't exist sealed, right?
Archenemy: Nicol Bolas: I own 4, plus 4 sealed decks in a case. I got the proofs direct from the artist (well they are on their way)
I used to have sealed boxes/packs of Torment/M12 but foolishly got rid of those.
M12 uncut sheets: Own the c/u/r/my M12 foil sheets in french.

Anything else I'm missing? The only other oddities I can think are some GP/PT stamped Lavamancers and the original art/sketches but I won't be getting those.

Since the card Obstinate Familiar inspired the creation of Grim Lavamancer I've acquired its original sketch as well as over 2,000 non-foils and about 100 foils and most of the artist proofs (but looking for the last ones). I think I also have a crimp. Expanding to non-english editions now.

BillBo
Legendary Land Lord

Post by BillBo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:39 pm

LandDestroyer wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:53 am
Just to make extra sure: I didn't link the misprint group on fb but the group dedicated to artists' proofs.
I collect land cards, just that.
My want list: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=9128

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member

Post by LandDestroyer » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:48 am

BillBo wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:39 pm
LandDestroyer wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:53 am
Just to make extra sure: I didn't link the misprint group on fb but the group dedicated to artists' proofs.
Oops, ya am a member of both

LandDestroyer
Librarities Member

Post by LandDestroyer » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:10 am

I'm very excited I got in my Archenemy: Nicol Bolas artist proofs in finally.

I've been wanting these for years and finally got them.

Now I just need to track down a 4th torment proof and hope to eventually get good deals on 3 more m12 and 3 more judge promo proofs. I might let go of some of the archenemy proofs toward those but otherwise I'm keeping them for the collection. A stack of 50 lavamancer proofs is a beautiful thing.